Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Peter Swift
Creeper
Peter Swift began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Awesome Tiny Travel Light

Hi Folks! Been here a long time, but I'm more of a reader than a poster Found something cool I wanted to share though. recently I've been looking for a travel light to take with me when I go back and forth between Japan and America east coast, which is a heck of a flight. I wanted something so I wouldn't have to keep the big airline light on when I was reading, that was tiny, and that worked well with my reader. After looking around at a bunch of stuff, I found this awesome little light, and thought I would share it with you folks in case anyone else has similar needs. I haven't tried it out for long periods yet, but out of the box it seems perfect. Flight coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll follow up then. It is just a single led corner light, so it probably wouldn't be as good for a bigger reader as something with an extendable neck. Fine for the 350, 650, T1 size though. The clip opens perfectly to fit on my 350 with a silicon case, but that's about the limit. About 1cm.

Only problem is I don't know if it's available in other countries. Here's the link where I got it: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002HQVW16

Images on my reader:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28725940@N02/6859425539/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28725940@N02/6859424793/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28725940@N02/6859423763/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28725940@N02/6859422917/
Peter Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I can see the minimal range could prove annoying - and it certainly isn't on the UK site.
However, a very similar looking type, but with flexible neck, so more reach, is -

Mighty Bright MiniFlex Clip-On Reading Light @ £13-50 - it says for kindle, but that's only 'cos they don't want anyone in the world to have any other reader !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
My wife and I have the Mighty Bright. Brilliant reading light and I can't recommend it highly enough. It also takes rechargeable AAA batteries.
We have this cheaper model http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mighty-Brigh...9044943&sr=1-4

Last edited by Stormchild; 02-12-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I presume that's the other one I saw, which looked to have the same limitations as the poster's one - but it does, on second inspection, seem to have a wider field of cover, as it seems horizontally set.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
It has a long flexible neck, covers everything perfectly.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
Peter Swift
Creeper
Peter Swift began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I had seriously considered the Mighty Bright Pocketflex, which looked really perfect for what I wanted, and I had it in the shopping cart, but I read on the reviews that the clip didn't open very far and wasn't good for anything other than a naked ereader. But it was able to wind the neck around the base. I often just jam my reader in my jeans or coat pocket, and I didn't want something with a floppy neck to worry about.

I think the dark corners are amplified somewhat by the photograph. I hardly notice them when looking at it directly. Maybe because I have a protective film on the screen. Still, it would definitely not be good for a large sized ereader. I'll post more thoughts after I spend some real time with it. Though, if it's only available in Asia, it probably isn't so important
Peter Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I have one of the Mighty Brights also.

The cover I have, the top folds behind the back. So I clip the light to that cover flap.

This cover: http://www.amazon.com/igadgitz-Genui.../dp/B004B8N5JU

But it shows unavailable, and I know when I bought a spare, they listed only 4 left.

They do have it in Pink - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...H1Y7NM3ZRWCMK8

Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clip, light, travel