Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
aglick
Enthusiast
aglick began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Waterproof Cases?

Hey all I'm looking to buy a waterproof/water resistant case to carry my 10.1 full sized eDGe in. Can anyone recommend one for me that I can buy online at a reasonable price? Thanks!
aglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
aglick
Enthusiast

For instance, I found this on Amazon, but it doesn't say specifically if it is water resistant:
http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Neopre...6060073&sr=8-4

And I also found this one which says it is moisture resistant but is made out of the same material, so should I just buy the cheaper one?
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-inch-Ne...059983&sr=8-12

Last edited by aglick; 01-08-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I have an 11 inch netbook case for my EE and even though it wasn't advertised as being waterproof it protected my EE and all the odds and ends I carry with it when I was caught in a downpour - I got soaked the EE did not.

Last edited by ivanjt; 01-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
double posted.

Last edited by ivanjt; 01-08-2012 at 06:25 PM.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Does this mean you got your battery issue sorted out??

Is the 10" one big enough? I bought a cheap memory foam case which works well for me. Like Ivan's it doesn't advertise being waterproof, but I would expect it to protect my EE up to dropping it in a river or something.

I didn't check to make sure it would fit, but something like this http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Doub...6073698&sr=8-2 should work. Even says it's water resistant!

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
aglick
Enthusiast

My battery issue is being sorted out right now. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Check your local large sporting goods stores. They are all selling waterproof transparent cases for maps and documents, as well as thicker ones made for mobile phones, notebook computers, and the like. They are usually waterproof down to about 15ft underwater, so you can use your reader in the tub... unless it's a touch screen.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote