Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
aglick
Enthusiast
aglick began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Nook App for eDGe?

Hey all. I need to get a textbook onto my edge, it's in PDF format but won't open onto my ereader side because it says it's not licensed to do so. How can I get it to work? It's meant for the Nook Study but I can't find a nook app in the Amazon App Store. Also Calibre won't convert it for me. Please help. Thanks.
aglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hello aglick and welcome!

We'll get you sorted. I don't have Nook myself, but others have posted about it. I will do a search, although someone else might have the answers before I return.

Okay, here's a site with the Nook app for download: http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/nook

And here's a quote from Obsessed's excellent "Resources for New Edge and Pocket Edge Owners" thread:

"Nook Android App (Books from Barnes and Noble CAN be read on e-Ink side. Books can be found opening Library App from Home Screen, select Storage (top left pull down), then sdcard/Nook/Content/ Press and hold downloaded book and Add to Library. Use First and Last Name as it appears on the credit card used to purchase the book for Username and Credit Card # for Password."

I did notice on the Barnes and Noble website that the latest Nook app requires Android 2.1 or higher, so if you haven't upgraded to Ermine you may want to do that, or to see if the older versions of the Nook app will run on Dingo (Android 1.6).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited by Filark; 08-21-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
aglick
Enthusiast

Alright so I did that and a little popup appeared saying that "this item is not licensed for this device". i went to download the same nook book using my edge instead of my computer and now it's not appearing anywhere. it says it's for the nookstudy. is that different? what do i do now?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
aglick
Enthusiast

also when i go to storage it doesn't say sd card anywhere. it only says internal storage.