Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
ajc263
ajc263 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Unable to register PE

Greetings,

I recently had a defective PE from Woot and just got my replacement unit a couple of days ago. I am unable to get past the registration screen. I read on another thread that someone had a similar issue and was able to resolve it by accessing the adobe password and resetting it, but I can't seem to get the same thing to work for me. I also read on the knowledge base that there should have been a screen button that allows me to skip the registration step, but there isn't one.

I am getting code error 9, which means that the adobe webiste is timing out, but I can access it from the machine I'm using now on my WiFi. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much,
AJ
ajc263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Another user was having a problem with the Adobe registration(the same error, code error 9), I think something may be wrong with the adobe servers right now, though if it doesn't fix itself soon try this: link, it will allow you to skip the initial setup, which you can go back to later through the settings menu(you will want to calibrate your reader screen after doing this, you can do that through Settings->Display).
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I looked on the Adobe website to see if I could find a list of my registered devices (could not) to try to help Gremalkin with the same problem you are having, thinking it might be a question of too many registrations. Anyway, I looked up Code 9 while I was there and found something saying "try again in 24 hours." So I think Emusan is correct in thinking there may be something wrong with the Adobe servers at the moment.

Good luck, and welcome to MobileRead!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
ajc263

Thanks Filark and emusan. It looks like the Adobe servers came back up sometime since last night and I was able to get through the set up and registration this morning on my PE. Everything seems to be working so far (knocks on wood). I was very happy to see that the reader side screen is functioning as it should on this new unit.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc263 View Post
I was very happy to see that the reader side screen is functioning as it should on this new unit.
What was yours doing? Mine has some slight calibration issues with the stylus, but nothing that has been a deal-breaker for me.
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc263 View Post
Thanks Filark and emusan. It looks like the Adobe servers came back up sometime since last night and I was able to get through the set up and registration this morning on my PE. Everything seems to be working so far (knocks on wood). I was very happy to see that the reader side screen is functioning as it should on this new unit.
glad to hear it all worked out, I hope you enjoy your PE!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
ajc263

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnseeking View Post
What was yours doing? Mine has some slight calibration issues with the stylus, but nothing that has been a deal-breaker for me.
The previous unit I was sent was unresponsive to the stylus (or any other pressure) in two 1-2 inch wide horizontal sections across the reader screen. It would display all ebook/document text properly, but it would not allow me to write notes, highlight text, select menu options, etc in those areas. I tried recalibrating and followed the tech support directions, but nothing would fix the issue and so I sent it back for a replacement unit. Luckily, Woot had one more in stock to send me.

For more details on the issue, if you're curious, you can search for my user name in the forum threads and it should come up.