Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-05-2021, 09:07 PM   #1
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Is Onyx releasing v3.2 for Note 2?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any information about whether the Note 2 is getting v3.2 firmware update in the future. I'm very interested in the vertical split screen function in the new firmware, which makes reading larger PDFs much easier. If they don't release it, is there a chance that we'll be able to use the one for the Note 3? Thank you in advance!
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:19 PM   #2
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any information about whether the Note 2 is getting v3.2 firmware update in the future. I'm very interested in the vertical split screen function in the new firmware, which makes reading larger PDFs much easier. If they don't release it, is there a chance that we'll be able to use the one for the Note 3? Thank you in advance!
I guess they would, but if you want to update the Neoreader, you can get the latest Onyx App from the other post.

I am using the new Neoreader, Dictionary and Floating Button app on my old Nova.

Last edited by winstonma; 12-06-2021 at 04:04 AM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:58 PM   #3
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonma View Post
I guess they would, but if you want to update the Neoreader, you can get the latest Onyx App from the other post.

I am using the new Neoreader, Dictionary and Floating Button app on my old Nova.
Thank you for this apk extracts from the v3.2 firmware. I installed the reader and note apps. Unfortunately, neither the horizontal nor the vertical splitscreen functionality worked on my Note 2. I don't know if they require Android 10 to work properly. Hopefully, Onyx will release the new firmware for the Note 2 generation devices soon.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:37 PM   #4
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Quote:
Thank you for this apk extracts from the v3.2 firmware. I installed the reader and note apps. Unfortunately, neither the horizontal nor the vertical splitscreen functionality worked on my Note 2. I don't know if they require Android 10 to work properly. Hopefully, Onyx will release the new firmware for the Note 2 generation devices soon.
I just tried that feature and it didn't work on my Nova as well. I never use that feature so I didn't know that splitscreen is not working.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:03 AM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Are you talking about the stock Android "split screen" with a long press on an app in the app switcher? I can't do that on my Poke3 3.2, Or is this something custom to the NeoReader?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #6
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
After I upgraded to Android 9 v3.1 on the NotePro I am able to do split screen as a launcher/system feature.
However, before that I could already split the screen in NeoReader in Android 6 v3.1 between text&text or text&notes or text&sidenotes. (Probably one or two more, but I can't recall.)
The annoying thing about NeoReader's feature is that you have to close the notes, before you can switch documents.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:02 AM   #7
Akbar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Are you talking about the stock Android "split screen" with a long press on an app in the app switcher? I can't do that on my Poke3 3.2, Or is this something custom to the NeoReader?
It is the splitscreen functionality inside the NeoReader. They added a vertical (portrait mode) splitscreen functionality to v3.2 firmware, which I felt would be very helpful. Hopefully, it won't take long for Onyx to release it for Note 2 generation devices.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:22 PM   #8
winstonma
Zealot

Quote:
It is the splitscreen functionality inside the NeoReader. They added a vertical (portrait mode) splitscreen functionality to v3.2 firmware, which I felt would be very helpful. Hopefully, it won't take long for Onyx to release it for Note 2 generation devices.
I guess it should be. I remember multiple documents feature comes with my Neoreader inside my Android 6 Boox Nova. Just one point to note the native splitscreen feature doesn't come until Android 7. Therefore Neoreader is not using native splitscreen feature and instead they do the split screen inside their application.

However if the new Neoreader uses native splitscreen feature then multiple document should work as well (because you are using Android 9).

So I guess the new Neoreader multiple document feature use some system-level feature which comes with Firmware 3.2. Thus the multiple document feature in the new Neoreader doesn't work in Firmware 3.1.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #9
Akbar
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote:
I guess it should be. I remember multiple documents feature comes with my Neoreader inside my Android 6 Boox Nova. Just one point to note the native splitscreen feature doesn't come until Android 7. Therefore Neoreader is not using native splitscreen feature and instead they do the split screen inside their application.

However if the new Neoreader uses native splitscreen feature then multiple document should work as well (because you are using Android 9).

So I guess the new Neoreader multiple document feature use some system-level feature which comes with Firmware 3.2. Thus the multiple document feature in the new Neoreader doesn't work in Firmware 3.1.
This sounds like a plausible explanation to me.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:06 AM   #10
winstonma
Zealot

Quote:
EDIT: Deleted comment

Last edited by winstonma; 12-13-2021 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:35 PM   #11
winstonma
Zealot

Quote:
Note 2 just released v3.2... I guess all the problem you faced is fixed.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #12
Akbar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Note 2 just released v3.2... I guess all the problem you faced is fixed.
Thanks for the heads up! Just updated my device to the new firmware. The vertical split screen function is working flawlessly this time. I also like the numerous other improvements they made.