backlyt
backlyt began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader
awesome work man, Thank you so much
backlyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I just installed the new version with support for Kobo. Thank you so much! I don't know muh about the fine points of using Calibre, but being able to upload to Kobo so easily and manage my library this way is terrific!
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Glad to hear that the driver works, always dicey writing drivers for devices you dont posses.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #19
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Deleting the stylesheet.css to get font scaling is a pretty dirty solutions. While it does enable scaling, I loose all the pretty formatting that Calibre preserved (Justification, paragraph indents, etc).

Do we have any other options available to us until the Kobo team fixes this?
Could Calibre be altered, so (for now) it outputs a stylesheet that is Kobo font scaling compliant?
Could anyone point out what we need to manually remove from the stylesheet to get font scaling, but preserve the formatting?

Last edited by Stinger; 05-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #20
darkadept
darkadept began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Deleting the stylesheet.css to get font scaling is a pretty dirty solutions. While it does enable scaling, I loose all the pretty formatting that Calibre preserved (Justification, paragraph indents, etc).

Do we have any other options available to us until the Kobo team fixes this?
Could Calibre be altered, so (for now) it outputs a stylesheet that is Kobo font scaling compliant?
Could anyone point out what we need to manually remove from the stylesheet to get font scaling, but preserve the formatting?
I've been editing the stylesheet and removing the font-size lines. It's worked for me so far.
darkadept is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Stinger: If you disable font size rescaling in calibre, that should help with most books.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Awsome!

While both the above solutions worked for me (thanks darkadept), clicking a single check-mark as suggested by Kovidgoyal is much easier than manually editing all my stylesheets' (thanks kovidgoyal).

Now onto a new question:

I took a hint from Calibre help docs and would like to try and reduce the page margins a bit to reduce page flips and battery drain. However, my Kobo doesn't seem to observe the margin configuration I setup in Calibre.
At this point I'm thinking this is Kobo's problem again, that it doesn't read margin info from the ebook and just has it hardcoded into itself.
Has anyone been able to change the page margins?

My assumption is inline with the Kobo marketing strategy of getting a functional, barebones eReader out to the masses first, and then upgrading the firmware to add these "extra" features in later. I'm cool with that, just trying to figure out what Kobo is capable of at this point
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #23
jcornet
jcornet began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo e-reader
Thumbs up

Yep, works great on my mac: the reader is detected, I can send epubs and pdfs, eject it, etc...

Thank you so much for making this happen so fast !
jcornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
I've d'loaded and installed V0.6.52 but the Kobo doesn't seem to be listed in the Page setup of preferences.
I ran the Welcome Wizard and the KOBO is not on the list.

Do you need to reboot or something?
Thanks.

EDIT:
I'm on W7

Last edited by JCSullivan; 05-08-2010 at 02:50 PM.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're fine just plugin your KObo and it will be detected.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:51 AM   #26
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You're fine just plugin your KObo and it will be detected.
Hi Kovid, first of all Thank you for the software it is really a wonderful piece of work.

I have a funny feeling the new version did NOT install because top right says version 0.6.51 by Kovid Goyal and in red it says New Version 0.65.2

EDIT
Reinstalled and I think everything is working correctly.

Thanks again.

Last edited by JCSullivan; 05-09-2010 at 04:58 AM.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote