Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
I have got to admit it does annoy me that engadget are going on about the Sony readers 'Delayed launch' When what actually happened was that the reader was launched and they SOLD EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!
Im suprised the editors can't figure out the difference.
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #17
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I've tried participating in Engadget threads a little while back. Most participants are full of themselves, agressive, mean, unforgiving and not at all that well informed. Actually Engadget treats most products as toys. Readers are not. Have you seen how many posts there are about gaming platforms? Nothing culturally serious there!

Engadget is only serious by It's news format. MR is serious throughout, except for a few clowns like me!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Everytime I look at their comments, my blood pressure rises. I gotta stop doing that.

Come to think of it, their stories tend to make my blood pressure go up too, unless I know nothing about the subject of the story, then I don't know what they're wrong about.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #19
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone listened to their podcasts?
Three subjects...phones, PSP and Apple. But coverage of the electronic shows is top NatCh...I mean top notch!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #20
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
Their podcast is dull and focuses far too much on phones and service providers but then the product refresh rates on phones are so high that the vast quantity of gadget news is phone based.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #21
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
For phones there's Engadget Mobile, right? I guess there just isn't enough non-phone news to fill a podcast.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #22
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe they should change their name to PhoneGadget? EnPhone, perhaps?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:10 PM   #23
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond
I asked them about this previously and got the following back:

This was on the 26th September, so it may be worth someone asking again now
While I wouldn't buy one myself. Both my parents and my sister are taken with my iLiad. But as they do not require wifi or the touchscreen I thought the Sony would be more suitable...

This is the answer I got out of Sony today (the best part of a week since asking the question).

Quote:
Thank you for your recent enquiry.

Each Sony Marketing Company decides in advance which products they will
sell, based on local market trends. However, no detail of the products to
be launched nor their specifications are made available (to Sony customer
services or consumers) before their launch.
For and on behalf of
It is therefore with regret that I am not able to provide any information on
this product at this time, but should we launch this product in the future
details will be posted on our website, www.sony.co.uk.

The launch of the PRS500 is a very exciting development, however it is
currently a US product, where they have a very different market place to the
United Kingdom. Whilst it is a good indicator of the way technology is
progressing, we cannot always guarantee that we will launch the same
products in this country as they do in the US.

Even though you may be able to get the product sent over, it is only
designed for use in the USA and we cannot guarantee the products performance
in the United Kingdom. But please keep an interest as this is a very popular
product and we do receive many requests for when it may be released.

I apologise for the disappointment this response may cause.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
"we cannot guarantee the products performance in the United Kingdom"
That's hysterical! (and I don't mean the missing apostrophe)
Old 10-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #25
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Blah! blah! blah!

Well!at least you tried Riocaz!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #26
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
"The launch of the PRS500 is a very exciting development,..."
It's good that Sony sees it that way. Would suck if they were disappointed with the launch and decided to discontinue it.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:05 AM   #27
rcs1000
Gadget freak
rcs1000 began at the beginning.

I'm concerned... I have PRS500 in the UK, and perhaps it'll stop working now...
rcs1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #28
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs1000
"Once bit twice shy".
One of the biggest reasons to hold out till it comes out here!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #29
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs1000

No it'll just be slower due to localised electromagnetic field instability.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote