Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
jimmyzou
Connoisseur
jimmyzou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader; Kobo; Nook color
Help! "...Loading Book Designer...." forever...

I know this probably sounds stupid, but I have really no clue what's wrong with my installation of Book Designer.
Several months ago, I tried, I was not able to make it, then my PRS500 was broken, I gave up.

Since my PRS505 is coming in days, I decided to re-study how to use BD, firstly, of course, I was gonna install it.

I precisely follow this instruction:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786
But, after installation and useing updates cover the original, I click the app, it comes again: the software stay on "... loading Book designer..." forever, and it's eating the memory more and more that my PC can not do anything else.

I suppose that Core Duo laptop is enough to deal with it. So can any people here can give me a hand to tell me what's going on? Your help will be appreicated.
jimmyzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That's odd. You are definitely installing BD4.0 then overwriting with the updates?
If so, good.
Does the problem arise after you've installed BD4.0 on its own?
Or only when adding the updates?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
jimmyzou
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
That's odd. You are definitely installing BD4.0 then overwriting with the updates?
If so, good.
Does the problem arise after you've installed BD4.0 on its own?
Or only when adding the updates?
I overwrite the BD folder right after installing BD4.0, so I do not know what will happen if I try before overwrite it.
Will try it on other computers later
Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
jimmyzou
Connoisseur

Just tried on another computer, it works well.
So it's the problem of Dell's crap
Old 08-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm using it on a Dell computer under XP Media Centre Edition, so it's certainly not a "generic" problem with Dell machines.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you checked for virus or spyware? What operating systems are you using on each system?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote