Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #1
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kobo Touch, Aldiko for Android
Validation error for anchors

I added three anchors within a chapter so that I could create links to them in the NCX TOC. When I check the file in Sigil (F7), no errors arise. However, when I validate the file in Pagina's ePub-Checker (the IDPF's site is down right now), I get an error for each anchor:

"Error while parsing the file 'element "a" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "address", "blockquote"... [and so on]."

The code for the anchor, and its position, is this:

Code:
<a id="Links"></a><p class="Left">FOLLOW LINKS</p>
I tried moving the closing </a> to the end of the line but that did not work.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
eggheadbooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggheadbooks1 View Post
I added three anchors within a chapter so that I could create links to them in the NCX TOC. When I check the file in Sigil (F7), no errors arise. However, when I validate the file in Pagina's ePub-Checker (the IDPF's site is down right now), I get an error for each anchor:

"Error while parsing the file 'element "a" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "address", "blockquote"... [and so on]."

The code for the anchor, and its position, is this:

Code:
<a id="Links"></a><p class="Left">FOLLOW LINKS</p>
I tried moving the closing </a> to the end of the line but that did not work.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
I'd suggest moving the <a></a> tags within the </p></p> tags.

Code:
<p class="Left"><a id="Links"></a>FOLLOW LINKS</p>
FlightCrew and EpubCheck running as Sigil plugins are both happy with that structure.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Remember that F7 is only a quick and dirty well-formed check, to make sure tags are properly closed and not illegally nested. It's not a standards validator. It's only meant to catch that which would prevent you from saving an epub or switching to Book View and the like.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kobo Touch, Aldiko for Android
David,

That worked, thank you!

The mistake I made when first trying to fix it, besides moving the closing </a> tag, was placing my cursor inside the text and trying to add an anchor that way; that resulted in a Sigil error telling me I had to select text, but that resulted in unwanted hyperlinked text.
eggheadbooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub-checker, kindle previewer, pagina, validation