Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #34501
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
* giggle* that's actually her harness. it's called a "walking jacket" for some reason. I really don't like the design of it. I like Strider's much better, but it is black and you can barely tell it's on him
Yes, I noticed his elegant black vest as well. It just wasn't quite as stunning as the purple cummerbund!

(I figured that's what they were.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #34502
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Trying to persuade Caya to come over for pets. The Hubby took Cooper for a run and Caya is sitting by the door waiting for them to come back. If I hadnot just come back from a walk with Lucas I would take the two of them out. Caya is a sniffer and tends to lag behind on walks. Cooper always wants to go faster so he is better or running.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #34503
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Doing a little happy dance.

Amazon now seems to be planning to open their Dutch website in October (first it was supposed to be happening before the summer and a couple of months ago they were aiming for September but admitted it might be delayed). They're now negotiating with the biggest book distributor of the Netherlands to get Dutch books.

I'm so glad Bol.com is getting some competition; their customer service has declined during the last couple of years so Amazon will be a great alternative.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #34504
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven...
Actually, as I was going to Osaka Castle, I met a man with a hawk. This day's walk started out in bright sunshine, right up until I passed over the moat that separates Osaka Business Park with the castle grounds. Then the skies turned almost black! But as it wasn't raining I kept on walking, met the man with his hawk, took a stroll around the castle grounds, and headed back towards the station. The first drops fell just as I passed through the gates! Perfect timing!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OsakaBP.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	92386   Click image for larger version

Name:	OsakaJo1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	92387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	92388  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #34505
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven...
Actually, as I was going to Osaka Castle, I met a man with a hawk. This day's walk started out in bright sunshine, right up until I passed over the moat that separates Osaka Business Park with the castle grounds. Then the skies turned almost black! But as it wasn't raining I kept on walking, met the man with his hawk, took a stroll around the castle grounds, and headed back towards the station. The first drops fell just as I passed through the gates! Perfect timing!

Stitchawl
Mother Nature must like you.

Great pictures Stitchawl
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #34506
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
Mother Nature must like you.
I did a lot of work for her back in my 20's, helping on reforestation programs planting trees, and trail crew work on the Appalachian Trail. She's just paying me back.

Stitchawl
Old 09-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #34507
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I did a lot of work for her back in my 20's, helping on reforestation programs planting trees, and trail crew work on the Appalachian Trail. She's just paying me back.

Stitchawl
She's wonderful when treated with respect. Disrespect her and watch out.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #34508
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I love the juxtaposition of modern skyscraper and traditional pagoda. Great pics.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #34509
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I love the juxtaposition of modern skyscraper and traditional pagoda. Great pics.
In this case they are separated by a wide moat, but it's VERY common to see them side by side when walking down the street. 50 story office building 3 meters away from an ancient temple, then another sky scraper on the other side. You see this in every city and town in Japan. Frankly, it's SO common that I haven't even taken any photos of it! This is something that I walk past every day and no longer even notice. I just went through all my Japan photos and didn't find a single one! The closest I came was this shot of a temple complex in a residential neighborhood! I guess I need to pay more attention to my everyday surroundings!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KyotoComplex.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	92394  
Old 09-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #34510
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm celebrating getting more than 50,000,000 Karma points in total.

Oh - and I'm fighting a duel over here.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #34511
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

Congrats on your Karma Total. It is well deserved.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #34512
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Cleaning up my bedroom. Got rid of all those electronic boxes that seem to accumulate over time. I also found a pair of Crocs clogs I had forgotten I had, which will save me money because I had planned on ordering an extra pair soon.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #34513
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Feeding the baby. He has gotten better about breast feeding, which is nice. I feel better with him suckling for 10-15 minutes at least twice a day. He still goes through 4-6 ounces of formula each meal.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #34514
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

When you say fighting, you mean losing.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #34515
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I made a chicken pot pie this afternoon, and I had so much filling left over that I made up another batch of piecrust and made some individual pot pies in a cast iron biscuit pan. They're pretty cute! It's rainy today here -- a good day for comfort food.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0470.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	955.3 KB
ID:	92526   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0468.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	1,017.1 KB
ID:	92527  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?