Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #106
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
North Carolina - Winston-Salem/Charlotte would like to see any

Not necessarily the Sony, as I can see it at Borders or Best Buy. Would really like to compare the EZreader/iRex/Kindle.

Thanks
peaceridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #107
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
Is there anyone in or near Spokane, WA, with a Kindle 1, or who has ordered a Kindle 2? I'd love to see one.

Also, I've got an ancient Sony-PRS 500 if anyone wants to see it. Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere in a place called Moscow, ID, so I don't know that this offer is actually terribly helpful.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #108
persiphone
Enthusiast
persiphone began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS-505 at Merle Norman in Berea, KY

I have a PRS-505 and I am always at work with it, so stop on by and check it out or call me if your in the area and I can give you directions. I'm thinking of purchasing the K2 here soon, so I might have that one instead.

Persiphone
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #109
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Columbus, Ohio

I currently have an eBookwise, a Sony PRS-505 (gave away my PRS-500), and a Cybook Gen3. I would be willing to show them off in some public place.

However, the eBookwise and Cybook are out being borrowed by friends, since the Sony is my Reader-of-choice these days. So I'd have to arrange to get those back before I could promise a given day.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #110
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Jon you mean like this?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #111
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Kindle 2 in Denver

I have a Kindle 2 in Denver and would be happy to show it off. I'm down in the SE Metro area, near DTC and CC Reservoir.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #112
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks BurBunny !

just a reminder, it would be great if everybody could also ADD YOURSELF TO THE MOBILEREAD FRAPPR MAP !! a map makes it easy to see if there's anyone close by, and you can mention your device in the comment field. thanks !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #113
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Y'all can see where I'm at, so PM me and we can go to Purple Onion or something for lunch. There's a new something opened up at 5-Points, seems like maybe soul food or something. Smells good when you walk past.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #114
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Y'all can see where I'm at, so PM me and we can go to Purple Onion or something for lunch. There's a new something opened up at 5-Points, seems like maybe soul food or something. Smells good when you walk past.
did you add yourself to the map ? i can't find your pin.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #115
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
did you add yourself to the map ? i can't find your pin.
I've been there a long time. I wonder where I went?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #116
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I've been there a long time. I wonder where I went?
how strange. maybe it's a bug. are you sure you didn't end up in texas ? that happened to me the first (several thousand) time i tried to add my pin. i made the mistake of entering my postal code, which as it happens is the same as a postal code in texas.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #117
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
thanks BurBunny !

just a reminder, it would be great if everybody could also ADD YOURSELF TO THE MOBILEREAD FRAPPR MAP !! a map makes it easy to see if there's anyone close by, and you can mention your device in the comment field. thanks !
Thanks for the reminder to update my pin so I could mention the K2.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #118
Patrisha
Patrisha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Burlington, VT and both Kindles

I would love to show off my Kindle1 {in its beautiful Oberon Sky Dragon cover} and my sleek and shiny Kindle 2 {naked at the moment}
Patricia
Patrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #119
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
how strange. maybe it's a bug. are you sure you didn't end up in texas ? that happened to me the first (several thousand) time i tried to add my pin. i made the mistake of entering my postal code, which as it happens is the same as a postal code in texas.
There's probably a Paris is Texas too...

(I did go to a Madrid when I was in New Mexico...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #120
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
There's probably a Paris is Texas too...

(I did go to a Madrid when I was in New Mexico...)
see, i would have been less confused if it had stuck me in Paris, Texas. but instead it put me in Carrollton Texas. it took me forever to get out of there, too. now i don't dare touch the thing for fear of being catapulted back to texas again !

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show