Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
studguy
studguy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Dropbox and Caliber

Hello everyone, season greetings. I'm new here and at the moment and Im using Caliber with Marvin. Im using this across three devices, an iPad, iPad mini and my iPhone. What I have noticed is this, syncing through a cable connection keeps my collections all correct in Marvin, but if I sync from Dropbox then it keeps non of the collections.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Cheers
studguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by studguy View Post
Hello everyone, season greetings. I'm new here and at the moment and Im using Caliber with Marvin. Im using this across three devices, an iPad, iPad mini and my iPhone. What I have noticed is this, syncing through a cable connection keeps my collections all correct in Marvin, but if I sync from Dropbox then it keeps non of the collections.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Cheers
Dropbox is a (cloud) File system

Calibre is a Manager, thus aware of more than just files (and with the proper Plugins, can do somethings with that)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you want to have any chance of Marvin keeping all the metadata, then it is a good idea to run either Polish Books or the Modify ePub plugin to ensure that the metadata is actually embedded into the books being synced to DropBox.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Collection management for Marvin is handled (minimally) by the iOS reader applications or (preferably) by the Marvin XD plugin. Adding a book through the Dropbox interface in Marvin will not pick up collection assignments.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
studguy
studguy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Collection management for Marvin is handled (minimally) by the iOS reader applications or (preferably) by the Marvin XD plugin. Adding a book through the Dropbox interface in Marvin will not pick up collection assignments.

G
Ahhh thanks GRiker I thought this was the case. Would love for this to be integrated somehow.

studguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert