Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #271
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi CheriePie, you can get the latest Win32 compile done by Gudy from Click Here.

Tompe's updated Perl code is also included in the ZIP. If you want to use Perl I would follow Tompe's recommendations as per his MobiPerl Tools thread Click Here.

Last edited by Jad; 06-22-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #272
meziane
meziane began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Hi Jad,

I found!

My root directory is "Utilisateurs" but when I choose the directory for mobi2mobi.exe and pick it in the dislogbox, I have "Users" in the field :

value field in the GUI : C:\Users\méziane\Documents\mobiperl-win-0.0.42
value in the explorer : C:\Utilisateurs\méziane\Documents\mobiperl-win-0.0.42

Thus, I suspect that depending on commands used by GUI and/or mobi2mobi the name searched/returned is not the same (I know that Vista use a system called "JUNCTION" to have something close to the symbolic link used by Linux/Unix.. but not with the same efficiency)

To be sure, I copied directly the directory under C:/ ...and this works

Regards
meziane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #273
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Hi Meziane, I'm so glad you got it working. You would think that the OS would be consistent with its naming and not try to convert the base language into an English equivalent, especially for key items such as folders. I wonder what would happen if the GUI was compiled against French as the language as opposed to Neutral.

Thanks for sticking with this and finding a solution, hopefully others who don't use English versions of MS OS's with similiar problems may find this helpful.

Cheers
Old 06-25-2009, 06:19 AM   #274
olaf
Enthusiast
olaf is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
The latest VB version works great - I modified some of the EXTH fields (or deleted them) and all worked fine. Nice programming work!
olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #275
Jad
Groupie

Hi olaf, glad its working for you. I will put up the source code for v0.06 sometime today along with a non beta version of the GUI.
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #276
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi_GUI v0.06 Released

New: When opening a file the GUI checks for the Clipping Limit & TTS tags. If found a checkbox is displayed. Checking a box will remove the flag on convert.
New: When opening an AZW file the option to save it as a AZW extension as opposed to MOBI is displayed.
Fix: Minor code changes to remove some redundent processing.

Source code for this version is available on the first page of this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v6.zip (49.8 KB, 1493 views)
Old 06-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #277
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Have installed Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB and recommended Microsoft’s .NET 3.5 SP1 and MobiPerl v0.42 with ActivePerl 5.8.8 Build 822, but I can't get beyond the initial Mobi2Mobi screen requirement to identify the location of the mobi2mobi.exe file. Where in my Mobi2Mobi installation do I find this? I only want to change my Mobi title designations, but this is quite an awesome (to me) means of attempting to do so. Help.

PROBLEM SOLVED (with aid from the BeBook forum).

Last edited by ascherjim; 06-26-2009 at 03:43 PM.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #278
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Hi CheriePie, you can get the latest Win32 compile done by Gudy from Click Here.

Tompe's updated Perl code is also included in the ZIP. If you want to use Perl I would follow Tompe's recommendations as per his MobiPerl Tools thread Click Here.
Thank you much Jad! Though as previously reported, I have one of the older builds working, I'd like to play around with the newest one as soon as I get the chance as well. So thanks for pointing me in the right direction for latest builds since my time has been at a premium of late. (By this time next week, I'll officially be "homeless". For a little while at least... LOL)
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #279
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Thanks so much for all your hard work on the GUI. I've been using it for quite sometime (various releases) with great success. I switched over to VB v0.06 when it came out and everything is going great...no major problems.

I do have 1 question and 1 request:

Question: I got an error when I tried to open a file with an apostrophe in the file name. Is that a known issue or ???

Request: In the next release can you fix the tab order on the GUI? I would like to enter the Book Title then hit TAB and have it go to the Author and then TAB and go to the Publisher, etc. Right now it seems to have no logical order to where it goes when you hit TAB. A minor thing to be sure but it would be nice.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Last edited by vsalvaggio; 09-05-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #280
Jad
Groupie

Hi vsalvaggio,

Can you please give me an example of the filename you are having problems with.

I'll fix the tab order. I forgot to fix it when I did the conversion of C# to VB.

Glad the program is working well for you.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #281
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Here's a couple of examples:
Malory, Thomas - Le Morte d’Arthur.prc
Stowe, Harriet B - Uncle Tom's Cabin

Once I removed the apostrophe and restarted the GUI, it worked no problem.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
-Vito
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #282
Jad
Groupie

Hi Vito,

Thanks for the info. It looks like the problems is in my string search function which builds and populates all the book field info in the GUI. I'll see if I can sort it out in the next couple of days.

Cheers
Old 09-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #283
Jad
Groupie

Hi Vito,

I double checked and the problems seems to be the with the special apostrophe character getting converted differently when executed in the cmd prompt vs what is written in the batch file. Of the two titles you supplied the first gets corrupted due to the special character when executed and parsed in the cmd prompt.

Batch File Text: d’Arthur
As appears when executed in CMD prompt: dÔÇÖArthur

The second title works fine on my end. Hmmm... I'll have to do some more poking around and see if I can find out why the character is being converted in the cmd window.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #284
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Hi Vito,

I double checked and the problems seems to be the with the special apostrophe character getting converted differently when executed in the cmd prompt vs what is written in the batch file. Of the two titles you supplied the first gets corrupted due to the special character when executed and parsed in the cmd prompt.

Batch File Text: d’Arthur
As appears when executed in CMD prompt: dÔÇÖArthur

The second title works fine on my end. Hmmm... I'll have to do some more poking around and see if I can find out why the character is being converted in the cmd window.
Perhaps it is a unicode character. Definitely multibyte character.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #285
Jad
Groupie

Hi DaleDe,

I've had a play in the code and tried building the batch file using unicode. The text appears correctly in the command prompt now if you do a 'type' command on the file, but when you execute the batch file it outputs corrupted symbols. I've done quite a bit of googling and can't seem to find a definative answer to supporting special characters in the CMD process. I may need to nest a seperate command call as you can flag unicode output. Any ideas anyone.

Tags
mobi2mobi