Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Not all sideloaded books show up

I have Calibre Companion setup to scan for books on my device (Nook HD+) upon connection. The only books that show up on the device & in Calibre are those I have loaded since installing CC. These books are stored on the device in the Calibre Companion folder. However, I have a great many other books I sideloaded from Calibre prior to installation. These are stored in a folder called "Books."

When I attach my device to my laptop by USB the books sideloaded pre CC install (stored in the "Books" folder) DO show up in Calibre. Those loaded with Calibre Companion & stored in the Calibre Companion folder do not.

Short of deleting the pre CC books from my device & reloading them using CC is there any way to fix this? (eg force CC to scan both folders). At present there is no option to tell CC which folders to scan.

To work around this issue I created a column in Calibre where I manually check off the books that are on the device from both sources. (drop down yes/no option). I had set this column up pre CC so I could see what was on the device when the the USB cable was not attached.

Last edited by seacity1; 05-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Here is Calibre companion's FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
At present there is no option to tell CC which folders to scan.
Not correct. Quoted from the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can ask Calibre Companion to scan the folders where it puts books. Click on the menu button, select settings, then "Scan for books on connect" to check the box. The next time you connect, CC will do the scan.

Calibre Companion does not look in folders other than the ones for formats/extensions selected in its "Book formats and folders" dialog. CC also looks only for the formats that it is willing to put in that folder. For example, If mobi and epub files are going into two different folders, CC will not scan for .mobi files in the epub folder and vice versa. If you are in this situation then you should either combine the folders or move the books to the right folder.
Calibre companion (CC) only scans folders identified in the Book formats and folders section of the CC settings. Go to this setting and change ePub books to the directory books and all of your epubs will be moved to the books directory. Do the same for any other format until you have all of the books in the folder you want.

A more detailed set of instructions can be found in the FAQ here.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-14-2013 at 02:23 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
for DoctorOhh's response.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
In other words, after the change is made the Calibre Companion folder will be empty because everything will be moved to Books. Should I then delete the Calibre Companion folder?
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
In other words, after the change is made the Calibre Companion folder will be empty because everything will be moved to Books. Should I then delete the Calibre Companion folder?
If the folder is empty feel free to delete it. If at some point in the future you decide to send a format to your Nexus that doesn't have a designated location it will be recreated as needed.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert