Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@JimmXinu: That is deliberate. Having added books disappear without a trace is just going to lead to bug noise. Anything that leads to bug noise (i.e. more work for me) is verboten.

You probably have <None> as a saved search, delete it and you wont have two entries for it any more.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #17
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Fair enough.

I've tried. If there's an unnamed search, it's not letting me delete it. Is there a way to clear all saved searches?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is consistent with the way Search is handled when virtual libraries are not in effect. If you have done a search to get a selection of books then add books they stay visible even if they do not meet the search criteria. I find this very useful behaviour - if it was different I could see users thinking a book had not been added.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I've tried. If there's an unnamed search, it's not letting me delete it. Is there a way to clear all saved searches?
IIRC saved_searches are stored in the prefs table in metadata.db. However, saved searches are chaley's bailiwick, so I may well be wrong.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, doing:

calibredb saved_searches remove ""

...from CLI fixed my problem. Had to restart calibre gui for it to pick up the change.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Preferences->Behavior->Virtual library... works fine when Calibre is started, but it doesn't seem to work when switching between libraries.
Fixed in 9.29 and the button also has an accelerator key Alt+R

Thanks Kovid
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Thanks to the developers for another great new feature in Calibre, which I just discovered today when I downloaded 0.9.29.

I have a request which I'm almost embarrassed to make since it's pretty minor and just a GUI thing. But is there anyway to change the color of the highlighting that appears on the count badge when you are using a virtual library? Make it so you can choose either "None" for the coloring or a color of your choice? The yellow highlighting now is pretty glaring.

I understand it's likely there for a reason -- to remind someone they are using a virtual library and avoid the mistake of thinking some of their books have disappeared from the entire library. It likely cuts down on "bug noise" as Kovid puts it. But it would still be nice if that option existed under preferences so if someone goes out of their way to change the color they will likely remember they did so and avoid that mistake.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #23
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
But is there anyway to change the color of the highlighting that appears on the count badge when you are using a virtual library?
Not currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Make it so you can choose either "None" for the coloring or a color of your choice? The yellow highlighting now is pretty glaring.
Being able to switch the color seems like a reasonable request. I guess the bottom line is how hard will it be to implement.

You can officially request an enhancement via the bug tracker. Read here to find out how.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/14933
Old 05-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This makes sense since when a virtual library is active the Virtual Library button is changed to bold and italicized. Highlighting the number is a little redundant.

As always a very quick response.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #26
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Woo-hoo! Thanks, Kovid! I hesitated to make the request since it was so minor, and I didn't want to be too greedy, but I've taken pains to already customize the Calibre interface with my own icons, so this will help in keeping more with the theme.

Calibre just keeps getting better and better, and makes using a library of thousands of ebooks amazingly easy.

--Pat
Old 05-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #27
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Have a question about the ability to clear the virtual Library and the additional restriction with (Ctrl+Esc and Alt+Esc) as added in v.0.9.30. These appear to already have default Windows designations. I've already changed the shortcut to something else for my own personal use, but per the Windows site

CTRL+ESC: Open Start menu
and
ALT+ESC: Cycle through items in the order in which they were opened

So maybe it would be best to define a different default to this action (if there are any left )?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I changed them to Ctrl/Alt/V and Ctrl/Alt/L

The Focus List shortcut makes a HUGE difference if you're keyboard centric like me.

Thanks K

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-11-2013 at 05:37 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #29
PatNY
Zennist

Thanks Kovid for getting that change in so fast!

I installed the new version of Calibre today but for some reason when I go into the tweaks area, the "Apply" button is grayed out. So I can't apply the change. I tried rebooting my computer, and also tried a "repair" of the application, but nothing changed.

Should I file a bug report? Or is this just something peculiar with my machine or installation? I am on Windows XP.

--Pat
Old 05-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There are two apply buttons, one in the top left and one in the bottom right. The top left one will be enabled only after you make a change to a tweak and click the bottom right apply button.