Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
HELP! All Books Disappeared after Update to Kobo Desktop!

I have had my Kobo (not touch, 2nd edition) for almost a year now - no issues. Well, sure enough, it was bound to happen to me at some point.

I haven't been in the Kobo desktop for quite some time (I borrow most of my books and sideload them from ADE - no issues there).

I went into the Kobo desktop to download a new book that I had purchased at the Kobo store, and an update to the Kobo desktop was available that I needed to download. All went well until after I synched and ejected. My new book wasn't in my Kobo. I tried again twice, no luck. So decided to open it in ADE and side load it, and after I did that, all content on my Kobo disappeared. Everything. I have nothing there.

When I went into my Kobo desktop again, it said 'Wecome new user!' and now it's stuck on some screen 'configuring and syncing'. Doing nothing...helping nothing.

Anyone know what I can do to solve this! I want my books!!!!! HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Tried three times now to log in and re-synch - the books in my Kobo library are not coming over.

Even just tried to connect via wireless and connected to my wireless okay - but got an error 'unable to connect to online store'. Wow - this just keeps getting better.

I think I may try to do a factory reset...wish me luck...
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
pokee
Fanatic

Well, the factory reset worked, thank goodness - but Jesus H. Christ - I hope I don't have to do this everytime I attempt to side load a book from now on! I've seen some posts about firmware version 1.9 being crap - and that's what I have, so I guess I have to be really careful when sideloading from ADE. Any tips?
Old 09-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Same thing just happened to me lol...
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote