Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
pol098
pol098 began at the beginning.

Device: none
NewScientist subscriber-incomplete retrieval

I hope this isn't a FAQ (I couldn't find the answer) and is appropriate. I have a subscription to New Scientist, hence full access to website. When downloading with calibre to read offline, I find only the beginning of most articles is downloaded. If I go to the website I find I am logged in, hence using right name/password in calibre; if I click on an article's URL at the end of the incomplete calibre version it takes me to the full text on the website, hence I have access to it. Is this a restriction in calibre, a restriction imposed by the website, or a problem with the script for this particular publication? Is there anything I can do about it myself (can write software, but not experienced in calibre, RSS, or Python)? This is puzzling but not a priority for me as I get the printed magazine as well as web access. Thanks.
pol098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Did you enter your credentials into calibre for newscientist recipe?
If not calibre will download only free content.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
incomplete, partial