Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
fallsauce
fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3
Can't use text-to-speech while earphone is plugged in?

So I just tried text-to-speech with earphones and there's no sound! Is this normal? I haven't tried listening to an mp3 yet, (didn't think to try that before and I'm not home right now) so I don't know if it's system wide or confined just to TTS.When I plug it in, there's about 0.5 cm of the connector still outside.

TTS works fine without the earphones...
fallsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
ReadUp
ReadUp began at the beginning.

Device: a book
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsauce View Post
When I plug it in, there's about 0.5 cm of the connector still outside.
Sounds (I crack myself up!) like you need to plug in your earphones properly - the connector should be all the way in. TTS w/ earphones works for me on my Kindle 2i.

Last edited by ReadUp; 11-02-2010 at 01:32 AM.
ReadUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #3
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Or his headphone jack/earphones are broken and when he plugs them in he gets no audio.
Because his headphone jack/earphones are broken.

Speakers mute when headphone presence is detected.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
fallsauce
fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.

Tried 2 pairs. neither can be plugged in properly... I guess I'll try again and push harder, but I've never had this trouble with any other device, so it's a bit odd.

the earphones work fine. I use them everyday with my ipod.

I'm a girl, btw. =)
Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I just used headphones that I use with my Blackberry and I could play both mp3 files and could hear text-to-speech through the phones. They have 4 contacts and 3 black separator rings.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #6
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Sounds like your kindle headphone jack is borked
Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by curstpriest View Post
Sounds like your kindle headphone jack is borked
That could be it... however, on my K3, I feel like I really need to push the connector in.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
fallsauce

Went back last night and pushed it in really hard this time... and it went in! Lol. All is good.

I'm kind of embarrassed now... but on the plus side at least I don't have to send it back to Amazon (I'm in Aus).
Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Went back last night and pushed it in really hard this time... and it went in! Lol. All is good.

I'm kind of embarrassed now... but on the plus side at least I don't have to send it back to Amazon (I'm in Aus).

you're new and I dunna wanna skeer ya off...so I won't make the obvious observation of the unintended double entandre especially in light of the "I'm a girl" clarification....so sitting here duct taping my fingers together so I can't type...

Last edited by brecklundin; 11-08-2010 at 11:10 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #10
curstpriest
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post

you're new and I dunna wanna skeer ya off...so I won't make the obvious observation of the unintended double entandrem especially in light of the "I'm a girl" clarification....so sitting here duct taping my fingers together so I can't type...
weow
Old 11-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
fallsauce

Hahaha! Omg, totally didn't realise it! And i'm usually so good at picking that kind of stuff up, lol
Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
suspicion confirmed?
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Hahaha! Omg, totally didn't realise it! And i'm usually so good at picking that kind of stuff up, lol
hehehehe, I thought it was perfect...it gave me a chuckle and a grin when I really needed one.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote