Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Calibre and Kobo -- device "bookshelf" shows title after delete

When I delete an ePub, one I've added myself to the Kobo, from the Calibre "library" list for the device, the title continues to appear on the Kobo.

But I can't open it, and if I try to delete it (on the Kobo), I get a message saying "book not found; it has probably been deleted already." It won't go away, though.

Am I correct in assuming that if I want it to really go away I'll have to get in there and mess with the internal database?

I've got the Kobo wireless, v. 1.7.1.

Thanks!
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
When I delete an ePub, one I've added myself to the Kobo, from the Calibre "library" list for the device, the title continues to appear on the Kobo.

But I can't open it, and if I try to delete it (on the Kobo), I get a message saying "book not found; it has probably been deleted already." It won't go away, though.

Am I correct in assuming that if I want it to really go away I'll have to get in there and mess with the internal database?

I've got the Kobo wireless, v. 1.7.1.

Thanks!
There is an issue with deleting books with the current version of Calibre. The first release of Calibre with the modified Kobo WiFi drive should be out later this week.

I would have to look at exactly what would happen if you attempt to use the current version (which you did) but you would have issues. This weeks release should allow you to delete the item.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Thanks -- are you saying there will be another new version of the reader and/or desktop this week?

Last edited by corona; 10-26-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
Thanks -- are you saying there will be another new version of the reader and/or desktop this week?
Nope, this week's Calibre release (anywhere from Friday to early next week) Kovid has not mentioned a freeze yet but that is usually later in the week.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
corona
Addict

Thank you! (Calibre rocks!)
Advert