Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Inept and Windows 7 64 bit version

Sorry to start a new thread but the 2 'circumvented' threads are so long now and this is probably a simple question.

I am thinking of buying a new pc and the one I like from Dell comes with Windows 7 64 bit edition. It's just a standard home one.

I've seen some references - beyond my technical understanding I'm afraid that refer to 32 bit Python vs 64 bit Python.

I am currently running Vista Home Premium with all the Python bits needed to make things work.

Is Windows 7 only a 64 bit OS and is it possible to get the Inept scripts working on it?
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
Sorry to start a new thread but the 2 'circumvented' threads are so long now and this is probably a simple question.

I am thinking of buying a new pc and the one I like from Dell comes with Windows 7 64 bit edition. It's just a standard home one.

I've seen some references - beyond my technical understanding I'm afraid that refer to 32 bit Python vs 64 bit Python.

I am currently running Vista Home Premium with all the Python bits needed to make things work.

Is Windows 7 only a 64 bit OS and is it possible to get the Inept scripts working on it?
Windows 7 64 Bit has a 32 bit compatibility mode so if you install the 32 bit python and pycrypt version you will be fine.

Alternatively you could install Windows 7 32 Bit version but I see no real need for that.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Thanks joblack, so I can have the same setup as I currently have - excellent!

Many thanks!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote