Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Still Want to be Surrounded by Treebooks?

Like many here, I soon became so comfortable with my reader that I preferred it to the treebook option ... but it took me six months or more before I could bring myself to rid the house of hundreds of treebooks that lined the walls like beloved old furniture.

Here's the answer, folks ... TREEBOOK WALLPAPER! It lends a room that special library appeal without taking up space.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/bookpatrol...rom=blog_last3

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some

No thanks

Treebooks will always be in my home.

I will read paper and ebooks side by side as long as my eyes can manage it.

And if someday in the far and distant future I'll go into some nursing home I'll decide which pbooks to give away and which I'll burn in a very nice ceremonial bonfire (Another thing you can't do with ebooks ) ... and watch with an ooold Whisky in my glas.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #3
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
I understand the feeling, but as soon as I have my own 'office space' at home I'm contacting these people. I want a proper old fashioned library feel.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I think I'll make do with the books I already have
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Remember, the proper translation of the phrase, ``too many books'' is ``not enough bookshelves''.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Of course, if you had a bigger budget (a much, much bigger budget) you could go with these:

http://www.strandbooks.com/app/www/p/bbtfoot/
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Yessss ... I love the smell of the remainders of dead wooden bodies, treated by chemicals, surrounding me and my presence. The flip of a page reminds me of the soft flutter of a bat, and closing a book is like closing a coffin for the rest of all eternity. *whoops, already full moon again...?!*

On the other hand, a book wallpaper is sort of a pin-up girl for booklovers. Saves money on the shrink.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I find that as I empty my book shelves of books... I begin to put my Euro/Board games on them. This is a hobby I've gotten into recently and it's good that I've made some shelf space.

Here is pic... not of my shelf... but just to get an idea.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Of course, if you had a bigger budget (a much, much bigger budget) you could go with these:

http://www.strandbooks.com/app/www/p/bbtfoot/
I live within walking distance of them. They advertise "18 miles of books". They are not joking.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #10
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Since the 1970s I have pined for the ability to have access to the information without the necessity of being overwhelmed by the physical artifacts. A stack of books is like so many vultures, lurking. The same applies to LPs, CDs, DVDs ...

Sure, a few titles I want as objects or for some special sentimental attachment. But for the most part, it's the content.

I still own thousands of LPs, CDs; hundreds of DVDs and books ... but almost all because I want the immediacy of access and not because I care a tinker's a$$ to have them lying about, or neatly shelved. They are carriers of content, not the content: and it's the words, images and sounds that matter.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #11
Lisa Hinsley
Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Lisa Hinsley can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
I love my overstuffed bookshelves. I haven't catalogued them. The paperbacks are two deep, so it's a royal pain in the backside to look for anything. I have bookshelves in every room, but there is a type of theme. Sci-fi tends to be in the dining room, horror and thriller in the living room (but kids ones on the lower shelves), our precious books in our bedroom (to be protected from the kids) and current reads on the bed head. My Kindle is rapidly emulating this cluttered feel. Thank God it keeps the most recent at the top. I'd be lost otherwise!
Lisa Hinsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Hinsley View Post
I love my overstuffed bookshelves. I haven't catalogued them. The paperbacks are two deep, so it's a royal pain in the backside to look for anything. I have bookshelves in every room, but there is a type of theme. Sci-fi tends to be in the dining room, horror and thriller in the living room (but kids ones on the lower shelves), our precious books in our bedroom (to be protected from the kids) and current reads on the bed head.
I am similar. Mystery and Crime 2-deep on the basement bookshelves, current fiction/nonfiction already read in boxes next to the bookshelves, tax books on bookshelves in the office, and "special" unread books on bookshelves in the bedroom. However, I have started to buy electronic versions of the books in the bedroom. I would like to clear all the pbooks out, as my house has a more modern, sparse decore. Books were the only tach keys (can't spell that) I had. I have converted so completely to ebooks, I have no nostolgia for pbooks. You know the old saying - Once you try ebooks, you never go back.

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I love my Sony 505 and reading ebooks on it, but ebooks in the nonfiction world still aren't ready for prime time. I'm still reading both e and p and still ordering both. Just ordered a half dozen p books to add to my library and my TBR list.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote