Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Nancy Fulda -- News

Rather than maintaining a separate thread for each book, short story publication and interview, I'm going with the more economical route of creating one thread for all things Nancy Fulda. (Mods, it's my understanding that this is ok. Please let me know if it's not.)

"The Death and Rebirth of Anne Bonny" can be read for free at Daily Science Fiction. This story is part of the Numbers Quartet, a compilation of works inspired by mathematically significant numbers and physiological constants.

Also: I've been interviewed at Entropy Central. I talk about how I ended up living in Germany, how my computer science background has influenced my writing, and what I'm working on next.

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 02-09-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: url edit
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #2
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pleased to announce that my short story "Movement" (Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, March 2011) has been nominated for a Nebula Award. I'll be attending the Awards Banquet in Arlington this May and, to be honest, I'm feeling quite jittery about it. I hear I'm supposed to compose an acceptance speech in case I win, which just strikes me as an excercise in masochism. :P

In other news, my story "The Breath of Heaven" has been reprinted in Kasma Magazine, and "Movement" was recently read on Paul Cole's "Beam Me Up!" podcast.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Godshift

My story Godshift can now be read for free at Daily Science Fiction.

Someone once asked me why the God I believe in doesn't intervene more often in human affairs. This story grew out of my attempt to imagine a God that did so.

Charity Ebook

When Nebula Winner and Hugo Nominee Eric James Stone put out a call for stories based on The Three Billy Goats Gruff, my first thought was, "Billy Goats? What on earth can you do with billy goats, artistically speaking?"

The answer, as it turns out, is: "One stupendous heck of a lot."

My contribution to the anthology, called A Starscape Slightly Askew revisits the fairy tale trope of the three siblings, two of whom are inevitably brats while the third might as well be wearing a halo. I've always felt that there must have been more happening in those family dynamics than meets the eye. In addition to being a rollicking story about interstellar travel and multidimensional manipulation, A Starscape Slightly Askew explores the history that made the older siblings so cranky in the first place, as well as the effects of that history on the youngest child.

The Gruff Variations is a charity anthology. Neither the authors nor the editor received compensation for their work, and 100% of the proceeds will go toward buying books and school supplies for underprivileged children. If you're inclined to find out just how many different things you can do with billy goats, literarily speaking, I encourage you to pick up a copy.

Buy at Amazon | Buy at Smashwords

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 03-30-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
I'm pleased to announce that my short story "Movement" (Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, March 2011) has been nominated for a Nebula Award. ...
Congrats on the well deserved nomination. I heard it when it was "republished" (read: podcast) on EscapePod as Episode #314 back in Oct. 2011. I couldn't agree more with Jason Sanfords review.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I'm pleased to announce that my short story "Movement" (Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, March 2011) has been nominated for a Nebula Award. I'll be attending the Awards Banquet in Arlington this May and, to be honest, I'm feeling quite jittery about it. I hear I'm supposed to compose an acceptance speech in case I win, which just strikes me as an excercise in masochism. :P
I read this story recently. It was great!
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
And congrats on the Hugo nomination as well.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Excellent Nancy! Loved the story it's well deserving of the nomination!

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Last edited by kennyc; 04-10-2012 at 08:11 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Thank you so much, everyone!

I'm very pleased that the story has been getting so much attention.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

My short story In the Fading Light of Sundown has been published in Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show. Subscriptions may be purchased at the web site.

My Jim Baen Memorial Award Winner, That Undiscovered Country, is now available in ebook format. Sadly, technical holdups have prevented this ebook from being distributed to Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and other online retailers. We're working on that. In the meantime, kindle owners can pick up a copy at amazon and all other formats are available at smashwords.

Wings of Fire, a compilation of dragon stories from AnthologyBuilder, is on sale this week for $12.95. The stories in this paperback anthology were selected by me, but sadly, none of my work is included. I seem to have been lax in my authorial duty to increase the world's supply of dragonic fiction, a shortcoming that I intend to rectify in the future.

Also, not quite a new release but definitely relevant, the ebook sampler pack The Breath of Heaven: Stories from Distant Worlds has been reissued with a new sales category and new cover art. The title story of this collection is also included in DEAD MEN DON'T CRY, and was favorably compared by one reviewer to the work of Asimov and Clarke. The other two stories in the collection are about a telepathic alien who resents her role as a saviour and an unseen presence that stalks the hallways of an enchanted palace. The ebook is available at amazon, barnes & noble, and smashwords.

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 04-26-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Woo Hoo! Excellent Nancy! Congrats and thanks for the info!

Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

I'm off to the Nebula Awards in a few days!

If you live in the Washington DC area, feel free to stop by and say hi during SFWA's mass autographing session on May 18. The session is open to the public and there's no fee to enter. There will be about thirty professional authors in attendance, including myself and several of the other Nebula Nominees.

You don't have to bring a book for me to sign. I'll be happy to sign one of my business cards for you, or to just sit and chat for a few moments.

SFWA Mass Autographing Session
Friday, May 18, 2012
5:30 p.m. -- 7:30 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Crystal City
2799 Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1)
Arlington, Virginia 22202.

Books I'll Be Bringing
The books below will be for sale at the signing, along with tons of other titles by many fabulous authors. There will also be paperback editions of my kindle titles.

The Book Depot is located in the Hyatt's Independence Foyer, and has the following opening hours:
Friday May 18 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday May 19 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday May 19 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Old 05-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
kennyc

Have a wonderful time, I'll be "watching from afar"
Old 05-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Thank you! I'll bring back pictures.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Wish I could join you. Have fun and goo luck.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
kennyc

Quote:
Thank you! I'll bring back pictures.