Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
Oh, grandpa, did i hurt your feelings.. ?
Please, when anonymous folk on a forum can hurt my feelings then it would be time for me to move on.

Quote:
I bought windows 7 doesn't mean that i don't want to get UBUNTU better or should i go to windows forums and ask them to make it like ubuntu.
Do what you like but if you wanted to suggest a change or enhancement to Ubuntu you would probably do it on the Project page. This feature has already been suggested, read enhancement ticket #5256 for details.

Quote:
Or is it too hard to suggest a feature which i think will be good for software without people crapping on me?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-24-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #17
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
And in today's world, and extra 10 GB is NOTHING. With 1 TB drives going for $50.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:21 AM   #18
praky
Banned
praky began at the beginning.

Device: none
Could have mentioned that earlier, Grandpa, instead of showing your american "wisdom".
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Could have mentioned that earlier
Actually it was your rambling that caused me to even think of where I would go to suggest a enhancement, so I went and searched on the project page.

Quote:
Grandpa
Now that I think about it both of my grandchildren are noobs.

Quote:
instead of showing your american "wisdom".
American, Ethiopian, or Belgium, wisdom is wisdom, I'm glad that you recognized it as such.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-24-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #20
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
In today's world, consumer is the king.
Oh, please. This is the absolute pinnacle of arrogance. People create a program in their free time and offer it for free to you, yet you demand, not ask, but demand, that your every whim be catered to? Get lost already. You're not making any friends with that mindset.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 AM   #21
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You need to understand me here, i registered on this forum just for this.

In today's world, consumer is the king. I have a 10gb collection of ebooks
i know we should not feed the trolls, but...

how many books does it take to fill 10Gb. ?

well with a generous 500kb average epub size that's... er... a hell of a lot...

time needed to actually read them instead of winging about folder sturctures - >1 lifetime a guess

comparison- windows media player also operates a database. it hides it well but it exists. folks don't complain about the way it stores its cover art etc. they just the player to find stuff.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
American, Ethiopian, or Belgium wisdom is wisdom, I'm glad that you recognized it as such.
Not so sure about the emphasized bit though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Oh, please. This is the absolute pinnacle of arrogance. People create a program in their free time and offer it for free to you, yet you demand, not ask, but demand, that your every whim be catered to? Get lost already. You're not making any friends with that mindset.
Well, he does have a point... Consumer is king. If the consumer doesn't want to pay for it, he won't and the one that expect to be payed has a problem. Only he's forgetting one thing here, nobody is expecting payment in this case! So, you can't "bribe" the developers to do something they don't want
Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #23
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Well, he does have a point... Consumer is king. If the consumer doesn't want to pay for it, he won't and the one that expect to be payed has a problem. Only he's forgetting one thing here, nobody is expecting payment in this case! So, you can't "bribe" the developers to do something they don't want
No, he doesn't, in fact, have a point. Calibre is free to use, which means that he has no right to demand anything at all. Even if he had to pay for it, I'd ask why he did pay in the first place, if he didn't like the way the software did things.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
No, he doesn't, in fact, have a point. Calibre is free to use, which means that he has no right to demand anything at all. Even if he had to pay for it, I'd ask why he did pay in the first place, if he didn't like the way the software did things.
Hey, I never said his point was valid for Calibre. I even said the opposite... The statement "customer is king" only is valid when you can "bribe" the creator into doing what you want them to do. Usually, this is done by saying: if you don't you won't see my money. In this case, the creator will say: who cares? So, no bribary possible!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #25
praky
Banned

Mention something against america, and there comes the hate. :P

My own fault guys. Seriously.

What i meant by 'consumer is the king' is that: didn't kovid made calibre keeping in mind that someone will use it and infact i feel good when someone uses my program. So i just wanted to say that maybe this feature is what users wanted, but i didn't know you "Don't want to know, Don't want you to know, Change is bad, You know nothing, We know all" people were already satisfied with it. So i am not complaining now.

See what I did again??
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #26
praky
Banned

Quote:
Can you please elaborate how I DEMANDED instead of asking?
And how should i have asked?

Something that you should keep in mind:
'Don't argue just for the sake of argument'

Last edited by praky; 01-24-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #27
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Mention something against america, and there comes the hate. :P
That is a seriously incoherent statement, I didn't see you mention anything against America. For future reference you probably shouldn't post when you're off your meds.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #28
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
To all those that have a problem with the structure, why don't you change the property to Hidden! Then it shouldn't bother you.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #29
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your replies and patience.

I thought that maybe other users would welcome this feature. I didn't know you people are so close-minded about other's ideas. Maybe, it is only me who is having this problem.

@mods : thread may be closed when they feel like doing so. Issue resolved.
Hey... it's not like you are the only one that wants a folder structure or a tag based organization along with folder structure storage (like iTunes). I also started a thread the first time I saw it wasn't possible. But it's easy as... Kovidgoyal, the dev, doesn't want to code it. And he's very adamant on it. So most of the people either just get used to the tags or drop calibre. I personally keep it just for making epubs.

But asking with such a "tone" and insulting other people isn't going to get you anywhere. Even IF by god's grace Kovidgoyal wanted to code it... your tone would put any developer off. So... congrats on being a dick. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i know we should not feed the trolls, but...

how many books does it take to fill 10Gb. ?

well with a generous 500kb average epub size that's... er... a hell of a lot...

time needed to actually read them instead of winging about folder sturctures - >1 lifetime a guess

comparison- windows media player also operates a database. it hides it well but it exists. folks don't complain about the way it stores its cover art etc. they just the player to find stuff.
I don't have 10... I have 50 Gb XD. That's 23451 unique books (95% pdfs) they would fill about 350 m3 and would take me about 160 years if it took me 2,5 days for reading every book.

And I can tell you that it's like... a sickness. Collecting books I mean. But well... I have mostly reference books of science. Just about 400-500 are my pleasure reading.

Last edited by darknessangel; 01-24-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #30
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
sorry to disappoint you sir, but i am not that troll.
Sir?

Which troll are you then?
Closed Thread