Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2024, 11:08 AM   #1
Jatin
Jatin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
How to disable indexing on jailbroken firmware 5.16.2.1.1

Hello MobileRead Community

I have a PW3 running firmware 5.16.2.1.1 that I jailbroke recently (using LanguageBreak) and I want to disable indexing on it for better battery life and to save space. Never used the text in books search in a decade since I bought it and don't see myself using it; I delete stuff after reading it so if I had to search inside for stuff I know is there in a book I'd do it on my laptop or mobile.

Anyway, I searched for it and many tutorials in here talk about modifying some specific files or some flags in some specific files but none of those files exist on my device. So I'm assuming those tutorials are outdated or apply only to the older firmwares.

Has anyone been able to disable indexing recently?
Jatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 12:23 PM   #2
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628
Code:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.indexer pauseIndexerMilliseconds 604800000
This should pause indexing for 1 week change the number for your liking but it might be capped
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert