Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Fictionwise Multiformat Sale - not rebate - sale

Yes, so Multiformat books are currently 40% off. This isn't the usual rebate, but an actual price cut.

Here's the link: http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/Su...llerEbooks.htm

And yes, that includes my books and those of many other MR authors, too!

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b1...-Stewart/?si=0

Happy reading!
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Thanks for the heads-up! And come to think of it, that sale includes all of my books currently at Fictionwise, too: http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/a1...rey-A-Carver/?

Low, low prices!
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Thanks for the heads-up! And come to think of it, that sale includes all of my books currently at Fictionwise, too: http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/a1...rey-A-Carver/?

Low, low prices!
Low indeed, Jeffrey! I picked up Seas Of Earnathe and The Infinity Link.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Low indeed, Jeffrey! I picked up Seas Of Earnathe and The Infinity Link.
Why, thankee!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
MichaelFStewart
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Low, low prices!
That's cool, Jeffery, I didn't even know Tor sold DRM free ebooks.
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
They don't, those books are from eReads.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

Low, low prices!

There's a message for you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
E-reads has the majority of my backlist books. My only Tor ebook is Sunborn, which, to my dismay, is not DRM-free.

Tor gave up on the DRM-free idea because Amazon/Sony/Apple all require DRM, and they're most of the market.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
kcar08
kcar08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ebookwise
I'm disappointed that Samhain books are excluded from the sale. I like a lot of their authors. I wonder why they are excluded - anyone know?
kcar08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
MichaelFStewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcar08 View Post
I'm disappointed that Samhain books are excluded from the sale. I like a lot of their authors. I wonder why they are excluded - anyone know?
Thanks for the note, Jeffery. Good to know.

As for Samhain, all I can guess is that publishers can make some choices with Fictionwise so perhaps they opted out?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
kcar08
kcar08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ebookwise
Yeah, that's too bad. I would have bought several Samhain titles. I don't use FW any more for DRMd books (since they discontinued club discounts for a lot of the major publishers*), but I still buy most of my multi-format books there since it's one-stop shopping (as opposed to going to different publisher's web sites and storing CC/payment info at each one).

*actually, I think I misspoke - it's not like they offer them with no discount...they just don't offer them at all any more, I think. Maybe they've come back; I haven't checked recently.

Last edited by kcar08; 06-04-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: error
kcar08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
MichaelFStewart

I do know Fictionwise has some strict policies on pricing. So say you knock your price on your publisher site to 99 cents for a few days. They have the right to take that price and use it for as long as they like. That's my understanding anyways. When I asked if I could substantially discount my book in a sale, my answer was, not and be able to increase the price again in the future.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I suspect Samhain now has a no-discount contract with FW, as they were also excluded from the rebate sale and are excluded from the last few coupons that FW has had.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote