Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
Wendy
Neverland resident
Wendy began at the beginning.

Hallo, everyone.

Hi, people!

I'm completely new to this forum so I'll just tell you a little something about myself.

I'm 19 years old, I study translating and interpreting in Vienna (in the languages German, Spanish and French) and - big surprise! - I love to read.

My favourite genre, though I read books of all kinds of genres, is definitely the fantasy genre. No matter how many great classics I discover or how many "normal" fiction novels I like, I just keep coming back to fantasy.

Some of my favourite authors include JK Rowling, Tad Williams, George R.R. Martin (of course ), Chuck Palahniuk, Jasper Fforde, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë and Christopher Moore. Quite a motley bunch, yes, but those are the ones that keep stealing my heart with the stories they write. Or wrote in some cases.

Alright... that seems about enough for one post. I'll get back to my reading now.
Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #2
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Do you read any ebooks?

Baen has some great fantasy in it's free Library...
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Evan
... loves his toys!
Evan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650
Welcome aboard!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Welcome aboard Wendy! You'll find many like-minded readers around here, from all over the place. I'm a proud sci fi/fantasy geek myself, from way back
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome! Aren't we all waiting for George R.R. Martin's new book to arrive in the stores?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2005, 03:53 AM   #6
Wendy
Neverland resident
Wendy began at the beginning.

Thank you, you guys. I guess we are indeed all waiting for the new GRRM book
I'm pretty new to e-books but I like the idea very much. Definitely have to look at the fantasy section in that library...
Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:14 AM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Wendy. Don't hold me to it, but I think the name 'Wendy' was actually invented by JM Barrie for the fairy in his fantasy book, Peter Pan. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote