Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
what do you do with the .opf?

keep it or dump it?
EDIT: Also, is epubcheck included in caliber? or is it worth it for me to run it afterwards?
I'm getting a bunch of epub files that don't work.

Any idea why they can sometimes be fixed by converting epub->epub again?

Last edited by JGB; 12-25-2008 at 01:19 AM.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
keep it or dump it?
Not quite sure what you mean... If you're producing EPUB output, the EPUB file will contain a copy of the source OPF.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, is epubcheck included in caliber? or is it worth it for me to run it afterwards?
Calibre does not include epubcheck, nor does it necessarily produce output which passes epubcheck. For example, epubcheck checks that the HTML content is fully valid XHTML, which calibre does not enforce. If you're producing your own markup, using epubcheck to find errors in your markup is probably a good idea.

Quote:
I'm getting a bunch of epub files that don't work.

Any idea why they can sometimes be fixed by converting epub->epub again?
Nope -- that really shouldn't happen. You should probably open a ticket about it on the Calibre trac, including an example which produces the bad EPUB.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Or you could pre-process your XHTML flows with Tidy before using Calibre...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Hadrien, what is Tidy and where is it obtained?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #5
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
sorry I thought the .opf maybe it is oeb. I mean the other file that caliber produces upon saving to a directory. I noticed an error fix in the latest version of caliber talking about the opf file so I assumed it was called an opf file.

what does the error fix do? Should I reconvert books to correct any errors?

I don't have XHTML files, I am usually converting pdf's or lit files depending on what the author offers for download.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Hadrien, what is Tidy and where is it obtained?
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

Tidy will fix most of the problems with incorrect XHTML.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote