Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
katyya
katyya began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Help! ePub errors -- attribute link/text not declared

I know this is a longshot, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me with some errors I'm getting when trying to upload my ePub to the iBookstore.

First of all, I know this is probably a recipe for disaster, but to get the formatting correct I've used the following process:

Emailed a doc version of my book to my kindle so Amazon formats it into AZW. Then I take that file and convert it to ePub using Calibre. It looks perfect when I open it on my iPad, but I get a few major errors when I upload it to Apple or check it with Flight Crew.

The biggest errors are:

attribute 'link' is not declared for element 'body'
attribute 'text' is not declared for element 'body'

I get these for basically every chapter of my book. When I open the ePub file with Sigil, it refers to this section of the code:

Quote:
<head>
<title>My Title</title>
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<style type="text/css">
I'm kind of a newbie at this and have probably reached my knowledge limits at this point. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
katyya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
SamL
I mess around with Epubs
SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: mac, ipad, nook, kindle
try taking out the "<style type="text/css">"

I just checked one of my chapters, and my css is linked the same way, but I don't have the style type thing.

Also, in you epub, are the html files in a separate folder as indicated by the "../" in the code?
SamL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert