Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Delete Old News Automatically? Keep at Most x Copies?

Might be a FAQ, but hard term to search for.

Is there a way to tell Calibre to keep "at most" a certain number of files from a particular recipe? I.e., if I run the USA Today recipe daily, delete anything that is more than two days old?
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look near the bottom of the fetch news dialog
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Too simple of course - staring me right in the face.

It looks like that's a global setting for all news sources - wishlist item to have it be per source?

Thanks for the quick answer...
Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
Too simple of course - staring me right in the face.

It looks like that's a global setting for all news sources - wishlist item to have it be per source?

Thanks for the quick answer...
I second that wish list request - if it's possible.

I have set calibre globally to never delete any subscriptions just so I can keep "some" of them. In other words, I like to keep all the back issues of things like The New York Review of Books, London Review of Books, The Atlantic, etc. But I have little use for keeping a lot of back issues of most daily newspapers or other perishable goods. The only way I can accomplish that goal is to keep everything forever and then do a periodic run through the library and remove all the old issues of USA Today, BBC News, etc that I never really wanted to keep in the first place.

Not a big deal, but a "keep" or "delete" x issues per recipe would be nice.
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
spedinfargo
Groupie

Mkgtu: Check out this thread in the development platform for a patch I just suggested: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123166.

Hopefully it passes muster and will make the product!
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
Checked out the ticket and saw that the change will be in the next release.
All I can say is "a thousand thanks". All the tech stuff is a bit over my old head, but I'm glad [I]spedinfargo[I] was able to figure it out. And thanks to Kovid for the implementation.
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
julio:map
julio:map began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Has this feature been implemented? (old files purge on a per feed policy)

I can find the "Look near the bottom of the fetch news dialog " (thanks again kovidgoyal). But it applies to all recipes. (that is not exactly what I need as spedingfargo explains).

I can find the dialog where I am asked for each recipe the retention policy in days, but for me it doesn't seem to work. (I have "1 day" in most recipes, and I have to delete manually)

I find myself deleting manually each day the newspapers of the day before (and in the process I mistakenly delete weekly magazines ;-)

By the way. ¡ Calibre is wonderful !
julio:map is offline   Reply With Quote