Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
the strap is located for both the jetBook LITE and the jetBook fyi
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #17
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
The most crisp screen ever created makes the background more white and the words more black
Has anyone compared the Mini with the JB/JBL and eInk Pearl to verify this claim? The whole 'ever created' has me raising my brows.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorlando View Post
There is a place to put a safety strap on JBL, I had one on mine.

If I am not mistaken the slot is on the lower left. It is a very small hole to pass the safety strap cord. I used one of these straps sold for Nintendo Wii controllers.
Wow, I see it now! I remember noticing the hole and thinking it might be
for a strap, a long time ago, but I forgot all about it.

If you look at the back of the JBL, where the battery case is in the bottom
right corner, you can see where the hole shows next to the battery cover
and on the right side of the JBL.

I'll have to make a safety neck strap. Then if I fall asleep or need to use both
hands, it will just fall to my chest. It might even make it even easier to hold
in reading position.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
im with Kralik on this one.

wen i had the kindle 3 (for literally less than a week before it leaked/cracked) i saw that after reading for a prolonged period of time, ghosting is still an issue.

jswolf, we know ur an avid critic that favors the prs and all sony products, but try another one.
I've had a 505 and I have a 650 and no ghosting at all.

It's not a matter of favoring one over the other. It's a matter of giving accurate information. Ectaco is known for giving false, misleading or incomplete information. They did so on their first chart. When they compared against the Sony they got mixed up on the 500 & 505. They don't give accurate comparisons. It's a fact that Ectaco is full of BS in this chart.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
Greenhat
Enthusiast
Greenhat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
The ECTACO jetBook mini is a nice gadget but has a huge flaw ! it reads only TXT no images only text .
Greenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhat View Post
The ECTACO jetBook mini is a nice gadget but has a huge flaw ! it reads only TXT no images only text .
jetBook mini has TXT and FB2 support. I have many books in FB2 format and read it without any problem.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #22
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Actually there is a very nice pouch accessory available for the PB360.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Well, I'm not a Sony reader, but I do have the PocketBook 360, and I can tell you they are definitely either misinformed, or being deliberately misleading. First off, the price is only $129, much closer to the mini price. They also show that the 360 only has portrait and landscape mode, which is not true, it has 360 degree rotation, with a g-sensor to automatically rotate the text. Several other issues not mentioned, or that seem to be "glossed over" by Etaco. Especially the Adobe ADE support...

It is true that you sometimes see ghosting, and the page flashes to black, but it really isn't that big of a deal. I thought it would be, that's why I started out with the Alluratek Libre, but I found the PocketBook to be a much better reader overall.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
delete
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #25
Flyingredgoat
Flyingredgoat is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook mini / Handspring Visor
Always a good idea to verify any claims with someone besides the manufacturer.

The job of the advertising department is to sell the product. They get bonuses on how well they do their job. As a result they will do as much as they think they can get away with, because it's a bigger bonus.

I do think that they are going to far.

I like my JBL, but I also take nothing Ectaco says at face value. For example; whatever tradeoffs made in the mini, are made for a purpose. That's just business. Their advertising has left me a sour taste in my mouth. Both the calibre conversion, and the inability to handle pictures (Now it can display .gif), are reasons why I don't trust their advertising.

This chart seems to be more of the same.

FRG
Flyingredgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ectaco's BS advertising is why I recommend nobody buy anything from them. The chart is full of misdirection and lies.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #27
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I recommended jetbook mini to all my friends and many of them already purchased this unit and glad to use it. Sony has a lot of BS advertising but people still buy Sony.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 AM   #28
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I couldn't be happier with my JBL.

More than I can say about my old Sony Mini-Disc player.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #29
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
One thing that bothers me about Ectaco is that they advertise "high resolution," but their screens are lower resolution than their EInk competitors with the same size screen.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote