Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Am I missing something? Send to LIBRARY FROM DEVICE?

I've been using Calibre for maybe a month now - great software!

I had just bought 2 books from Amazon and wanted to put them in Calibre as backup and access on my PC (non DRM'd so they DO work). it struck me that there was a button missing, while looking at your device shouldn't there be an ADD TO LIBRARY feature?

I now have to save the books somewhere - typically my desktop - and then switch to the library and then add the books.

Am I missing something - again?
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The arrow next to the Add books button has choices.
Just "add books from..."
Then point the next screen at your device (it acts as a disk drive) and correct folder.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
That seems rather akward, seems there should be a button to add a book to the library from the device directly.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
That seems rather akward, seems there should be a button to add a book to the library from the device directly.
Most of us do not start with the book on the device
That may change

My phone just makes calls and my book reader just displays books
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
lukasfikr
Enthusiast
lukasfikr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3, Apple iPad/iPhone 4
It could help for book downloaded from Sony EReader software or for books downloaded via Wi-Fi, Whispernet, GSM module, ....
lukasfikr is offline   Reply With Quote