Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What scares you most on Mobile Read?
squirrels and/or otters, etc (llamaworms included here) 2 5.71%
psockpuppets (or any avatar bandwagon you might come back to see has invaded the board and you got left behind, again) 4 11.43%
the blue one next to the fish 6 17.14%
SPAIN! or, conversely, PORTUGAL! 0 0%
ridiculous polls 0 0%
donuts (or the lack thereof) 1 2.86%
seriously thoughtful topics 2 5.71%
toaster jokes you don't understand 0 0%
randomly disappearing members that require all out searches 7 20.00%
Not understanding, or being able to answer, Friday questions 3 8.57%
Other (as usual, please explain) 4 11.43%
Clowns 1 2.86%
Keelhaulling 3 8.57%
Lack of naps 2 5.71%
Finding Fred 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Please vote in my celebratory 1000 post poll!

Ok, the time has come, I've hit the big 1-0-0-0! So, to celebrate, I'm going to attempt another poll. This poll is of epic proportions, if I do say so myself! So celebrate with me, and share your thoughts!

And if you read this part, holla! (aka, send me a pm) Just answer this easy riddle: What has a mouth, but cannot eat, has a bank, but no money, and moves, but has no legs?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hey...100% I win!

Wait..what? It's not a contest? It's a poll?

**Good one for the 1000th post, 'lil penguin. Congratulations**
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Hey! You forgot clowns... clowns are very very scary!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
AND, of course, EVIL DOGS THAT STEAL OTHER PEOPLE's AVATARS! That is MOST scary, you know. VR, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY????
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'm scared I might one day understand the Friday question - if that ever happened I know I'd tipped over the edge.

P.S. Congrats on reaching 1000!!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 AM   #6
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'm scared I might one day understand the Friday question - if that ever happened I know I'd tipped over the edge.

P.S. Congrats on reaching 1000!!
Well, considering the fact that I am usually the first one logged in Fridays and therefore post the Friday question, the chance of it ever making sense is slim to none I would say
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I said "Other".....

that is polls that are not multiple choice, so I can hedge my bets ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I voted for the Friday Question, because I never know what it is I'm asking. Which is why I ask them.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I voted "other" because I keep having that dream. You know, the one where you click "post quick reply" and suddenly you are naked in front of your Sunday school class and reciting the Preamble to the Constitution but can't remember the words and end up mixing in the Pledge of Allegience, and then your dead Grandma tells you it is too hot and you should put on some clothes, but the threads all unravel when you try to get dressed, and then you are running down a long dark hallway but the thing behind you is getting closer and the faster you run, the slower you move, and then you trip over a rat, snake, or giant spider (choose whatever scares you) and it turns to look at you with glowing red devil eyes, and then ....
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I'll have to go with donuts. First there was Duke giving out donuts with all his karma, then there was donut day at MobileRead (the 2nd of each month as I remember), then there was Duke's glazed donut avatar, and now GraceKrispy has added donuts to her avatar. So I would say fear of a lack of donuts would top the list.

Other notables are Zelda's shums, psych's laddy by the door, and Marc's gibbon.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Grace, I'm holding out until all of the options are out. You know how these polls go, there is always a request for another option and then the poll fairy has to come and fix things.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
other... trolls
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Ok, the time has come, I've hit the big 1-0-0-0! So, to celebrate, I'm going to attempt another poll. This poll is of epic proportions, if I do say so myself! So celebrate with me, and share your thoughts!

And if you read this part, holla! (aka, send me a pm) Just answer this easy riddle: What has a mouth, but cannot eat, has a bank, but no money, and moves, but has no legs?
Congrats on your milestone #1000 post GraceK!

I had to vote disappearing members. I was going to ask about adding the fear of getting "keelhauled" and then it reminded me of tirsales, who seems to have disappeared! I do worry you know
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hey! You forgot clowns... clowns are very very scary!
I quite agree!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
What? Clowns and keelhauling have always been there.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote