Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
helsan
helsan began at the beginning.

Device: Playbook
Move ebooks to folder

Is there a way to have Calibre move books to folder almost automatically?

I would like to know if with Calibre we could select a number of books and then
select the destination and then Calibre would create a folder based on the "Author" and move the books inside?

Right now I have to do it manualy, but I have a huge collection!
I would like to automize the process!

Thanks
helsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by helsan View Post
I would like to know if with Calibre we could select a number of books and then select the destination and then Calibre would create a folder based on the "Author" and move the books inside?
Select as many books as you like and use the Save to disk feature to save them in whichever directory / filename format you dictate via the save to disk template.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-23-2013 at 03:22 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
If you mean putting them into collections on the kindle Paperwhite itself, you have to use the Collections manager and jailbreak the Paperwhite to get it to work.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote