Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Whenever I see all the mso tagging in code, it makes me a little ill.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #17
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
Whenever I see all the mso tagging in code, it makes me a little ill.
The one good thing about it is that the ebook was probably made from the original book in electronic form, instead of creating a printbook (from digital source) and then scanning it in to make an ebook. I rather have the mso tag, than ocr errors.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:22 PM   #18
notonthat
notonthat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenic View Post

c) convert book to MOBI (even if it is already in MOBI format). May be you could convert to AZW3 too, I didi not try this - in any case, do convertion by Calibre. If asked Calibre to strip font styles (see step a), Calibre will strip hardcoded font styles and you will be able to change fonts using Font Dialog on the device.
Heads up -- after trying everything to strip hidden embedded font out of a azw3 -- even using all plugins available in calibre, as well as stripping fonts with the style paine -- what finally did it was converting from Epub to MOBI then finally to AZW3...which finally ended in success of being able to change fonts on the kindle
notonthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
[QUOTE=DuckieTigger;2310403 I rather have the mso tag, than ocr errors.[/QUOTE]
You can have both:
Scan, OCR, edit in Word, Export HTML, convert HTML to ebook.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote