Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #181
dasimser
dasimser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
It looks like the new 0.8.44 build fixes my Kobo issue. I am now able to get results from Kobo when I do a "Get Books->Search for this book" or "Get Books->Search for this author".

Thanks!

Dave.
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #182
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I am not getting results from Diesel eBooks. One example is "Beauty and the Werewolf" by Mercedes Lackey (screenshot attached). Searching at the Diesel website does find the book.

https://www.diesel-ebooks.com/index....=9780373803286
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beauty and the Werewolf.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	85102  
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #183
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
I am not getting results from Diesel eBooks. One example is "Beauty and the Werewolf" by Mercedes Lackey (screenshot attached). Searching at the Diesel website does find the book.
It appears Diesel is no longer showing a results page if there is only one result and going directly to the item's page. I'll have to update the store plugin to account for this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #184
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
It appears Diesel is no longer showing a results page if there is only one result and going directly to the item's page. I'll have to update the store plugin to account for this.
Sorry for the misunderstanding; Diesel did not return any results and did not take me to the item's page. I searched independently to find the Diesel link; I just wanted to show it was the same book.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #185
rular
rular began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Danish stores

I have bought an ereader and started looking for software, and yours seemed the best choice. One drawback is the very limited amount of danish ebook stores though.

It just so happens that I know my way around an array of programming languages and potentially is willing to put in some work myself. For this I would need some questions answered though:
  1. Would any implemented stores be adopted into Calibre? (I'd hope so)
  2. Should I contact the stores asking for apis etc, or is that something you'd rather do yourself?
  3. Would you need there to be an affiliate program?
  4. Any pointers on coding conventions you require followed would be nice, as would pointers to a basic example to work from.

I would not take it badly if you decided not to invest time in a stranger claiming interest.
rular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #186
lamparty
lamparty began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Barnes and Noble not showing any results!

Have tried to use Get Books for several titles that I know are available on Barnes and Noble's Website and Calibre Get Books doesn't return any results at all! Can someone look into this? Turns out the ones I wanted are DRMed at other places, so probably won't do me any good anyhow but sometimes that ones at Barnes and Noble that are DRM free are easier to download than those at Amazon and they are in epub already! AS a Linux user Amazon doesn't make it easy for me!
lamparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #187
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What about adding Sony's eBookstore to the list?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #188
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamparty View Post
Have tried to use Get Books for several titles that I know are available on Barnes and Noble's Website and Calibre Get Books doesn't return any results at all! Can someone look into this?
What is the search query you're using? Also, what country are you in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
What about adding Sony's eBookstore to the list?
Not possible due to technical restrictions on Sony's part.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #189
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I too did not see any results from B&N. I put in Watchers Dean Koontz.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #190
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I too did not see any results from B&N. I put in Watchers Dean Koontz.
I just check the site. They've redesigned the search results page. They must have just made the change because I just bought a book from them last weekend. I should have it fixed later today but it might not make it into the next release.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #191
GeckoFriend
Guru

I'm still not getting any results from Diesel.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #192
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
All the searches I do for ebooks that include Barnes & Noble keep giving me results from them mostly of printed books. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem with the
B&N site?
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #193
schizoiddonkey
schizoiddonkey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hey, really liking this addition, thanks.

When I search for "Blue Remembered Earth", one of the results is the correct book on ebooks.com for €4.99, but when I go to the page the book is actually €9.99.
schizoiddonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #194
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
.......................Not possible due to technical restrictions on Sony's part.
It's not worth having anyway......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #195
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Just a heads up as of the 5th of June the Sony store is now accessible via the web. Has anyone had a chance to look into adding this to Get Books?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-14-2012 at 06:21 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary