Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 02:42 AM   #1
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

Device: looking
Boyue T62 vs Onyx Boox Afterglow 2 (C67) ?

Has anyone actually used both these pieces of hardware and can give their opinion between them? I've read lots of reviews and heard what people who have used one or the other think, but not from anyone who has tried both.

I'm curious about app compatibility, storage space for apps, battery life, weight / ergonomics, and overall satisfaction, etc.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
ereader25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
JOAOLEALFF
JOAOLEALFF began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereader25 View Post
Has anyone actually used both these pieces of hardware and can give their opinion between them? I've read lots of reviews and heard what people who have used one or the other think, but not from anyone who has tried both.

I'm curious about app compatibility, storage space for apps, battery life, weight / ergonomics, and overall satisfaction, etc.

I am also the same doubt. Among Boyue, onyx or Icarus. For the comments so far, I am more inclined to Boyue. However I am unsure as to quality.
JOAOLEALFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereader25 View Post

I too would love to read a comparison by anyone who has used both! Anyone?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #4
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
Can please anyone clarify this?? i can't find which is newer/better between c67 and t62
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:52 AM   #5
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
A comparison between the t62 & the C67 can be found on this thread.

The C67 and (original) T62 are of the same hardware generation. There is now however a T62+ (with a Carta screen instead of the older Pearl), information on which can be found on this thread.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #6
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
A comparison between the t62 & the C67 can be found on this thread.

The C67 and (original) T62 are of the same hardware generation. There is now however a T62+ (with a Carta screen instead of the older Pearl), information on which can be found on this thread.
Thanks!!
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #7
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

Device: looking
Hello, I am late to replying but since I am OP I will tell you what I did.

I bought the c67ml (afterglow 2). I think it looks nicer. The specs are very similar, but actually maybe the t62 has slightly better specs because its battery is much larger, and the internal data partition for apps is larger.

Still, I like my c67ml and I get many compliments and questions on it when I read in public.

Good luck!
ereader25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #8
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
One advantage that I've recently found for the Onyx is that they are considerably (20%) lighter. The T62+ weighs in at 221g (confirmed by a couple of MR members, it is often, inaccurately listed as 173g), the AG2 at 178g (including microSD card).
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote