Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #16
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Although my political views are very opposite of Boris's, I like the man. He's not afraid to state unpopular opinions, and isn't a "soundbite" politician. He speaks his mind, and I respect him for that. He comes across as a "real person" rather than an "image".
I'd have to say that I agree with Harry here. I think that many of Boris' political views are in total opposition to my own, but he is at least a real person.

David Cameron is so worried about offending anybody that he is bland to the point of invisibility. We are about to elect the political equivalent of a glass of water as our leader - am I the only person that thinks that that can't be a good thing.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #17
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
He does seem like a decent guy, but then again thats how gw got elected in the states and we all know how that worked out.
Take it from an American: never vote for a guy just because he'd be more fun to drink a beer with.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #18
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
Take it from an American: never vote for a guy just because he'd be more fun to drink a beer with.
Well said! You might end up with a John Ensign -- talks a good game about keeping his pants on but never seems to have a belt or suspenders
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, it looks like we'll be getting our own imbecile soon. Looks like a guy called David Cameron will be our next PM. He is basically a puff of hot air in a suit who will make this country a laughing-stock when elected (rant over).
But on the plus side; no more Gordon Brown - woot!!

He deserves a rest after "saving the world".

Last edited by Sparrow; 10-03-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
To be honest, it probably saves times if you assume all politicians will end up being rubbish and then you get a pleasant surprise if one manages to be mediocre.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Even worse for Letterman is how bad it is that Sarah is so much smarter than he portrays her.
Which books did she read in preparation for writing hers?
"All of em".
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #22
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
How many of those did he actually write himself I wonder?

Anyway, he has his own problems right now.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i feel like i'm missing something here. what is the story between sarah palin and david letterman ? why is he embarassed today ? what are his own problems ? i suppose i could google this but it seems easier to just ask you lot, since you all seem to know already.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here ya go, Madame Z.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=8728424
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
thanks for the link, dg. that's pretty shocking. i can't believe there are people out there who would try to extort money from someone over details of their private life. unbelievable. i guess he got what was coming to him, though. apparently they managed to arrest him.

so what's the bad blood between letterman and palin about, then ?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so what's the bad blood between letterman and palin about, then ?
never mind, i found a video.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:53 AM   #27
jeremy_ahn
Banned
jeremy_ahn began at the beginning.

Device: any
davey boy letterman is just jealous sarah palin didn't put out for him like his female staff. she doesn't need ****** for a job.
sarah palin might not have brains, but she has class ******** legs.

yessir. hd tv is pret-ty sweet.

Last edited by Patricia; 10-06-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Edited for language.
jeremy_ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I'm not a big Sarah Palin fan, but I don't think any politician's children should be dragged into the fray for any reason.
I agree. The kids should be off-limits. The spouse also should be off-limits, unless they involve themselves in the fray.

Quote:
If anyone had treated Chelsea Clinton that way, the media would have held them in contempt.
Someone did, and in the most thoroughly despicable manner imaginable. On his short-lived TV show, Rush Limbaugh said, "Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?" He then displayed a picture of then thirteen year old Chelsea Clinton.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #29
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
I'm not a big Sarah Palin fan, but I don't think any politician's children should be dragged into the fray for any reason.
I agree! She NEVER should have used them in her attempt to brow-beat people with her personal morality!
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #30
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s

Last edited by PhishStyx; 10-09-2009 at 04:08 AM.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
funny, letterman, palin