Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
mkw
mkw began at the beginning.

Device: None...Yet
Rent an eBook reader?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a place where one can rent an eBook reader? I'd like to try one out on a business trip coming up next week, but don't want to buy one with the expectation of returning it after two weeks (nor do I relish the difficulty of parting with it if I love it but decide I don't want to afford it!). I couldn't find anything on google or in the forums here, but I'm hoping someone knows of some place that offers this...
mkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can try a Kindle for 30 days and return it if you don't like it. I don't know of any rental places.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkw View Post
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a place where one can rent an eBook reader? I'd like to try one out on a business trip coming up next week, but don't want to buy one with the expectation of returning it after two weeks (nor do I relish the difficulty of parting with it if I love it but decide I don't want to afford it!). I couldn't find anything on google or in the forums here, but I'm hoping someone knows of some place that offers this...
May I suggest you get together with "little1" also from San Diego, so you can see a Kindle in person? That might help you decide. I don't believe any place rents ebook readers......but I have been known to be wrong........sometimes...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
May I suggest you get together with "little1" also from San Diego, so you can see a Kindle in person? That might help you decide. I don't believe any place rents ebook readers......but I have been known to be wrong........sometimes...........
Nevah!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
mkw
mkw began at the beginning.

Device: None...Yet
Thanks to both of you. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy one as a trial. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with llittle1 or another ebook addict--err, user--before I have to make the decision
mkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkw View Post
Thanks to both of you. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy one as a trial. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with llittle1 or another ebook addict--err, user--before I have to make the decision
I'll be really interested in knowing your decision after you've tried the Kindle. For me and many others, its been 'love at first site'......... If you decide to return it, let us know why. I promise, no one will bite!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!