Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
lucsampaio
lucsampaio began at the beginning.

Device: N96ML Carta +
Calibre hangs "get booklist from device" with Icarus eXceL/M92

Hi everyone... new to the forums, but a long time e-reader and calibre user (so, thanks Kovid Goyal, for a very nice piece of software)

Anyway, I recently got myself a Icarus eXceL (rebranded Boox M92) and also got my first linux machine.

Whenever I connect the device to Calibre, the software hangs trying to read from the 2GB SD card and main memory of the reader, even though they are both empty/recently formatted.

My interface is in PT-BR, but I think you might reckognize whatś it about.

any tips on how to solve this?

thanks a lot
--Luc
lucsampaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->plugins and disable the device interface plugin for your device,then calibre will not try to connect to it, you can then use the connect to folder function in calibre to conenct to onlya specific sub folder on your device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
lucsampaio
lucsampaio began at the beginning.

Device: N96ML Carta +
thanks a lot.. that seems to have worked
lucsampaio is offline   Reply With Quote