Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
NillaGoon
NillaGoon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Awesome update - I love the new cover browser! Thanks for 0.8 and for all the frequent updates that preceded it.

Not only is Calibre an indispensable tool, but the few times I've reported (minor) issues, Kovid and the forum mods have been exceptionally responsive. Calibre has been a pleasure to use and be involved with in every way.
NillaGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #17
omgfire
Enthusiast
omgfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Ipod Touch 4th Gen
Thanks Kovid, I love the new metadata download system. Keep up the good work!
omgfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #18
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

great work. 0.8 is very good!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Get Books is still very new. I'm sure it will be further refined and more stores added as time passes.
I would like to see http://www.beam-ebooks.de/, the german "non-DRM-store", in the list of the stores.

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #19
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
What can I add but, "Me, too." Many thanks, Kovid.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #20
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Get Books is still very new. I'm sure it will be further refined and more stores added as time passes.
Kovid,

When I try to watch the video to see the new features, it comes up with vertical lines. Any idea what's wrong?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The video file uses the max compression profile for h264 encoding (so as to make it as small as possible). It's likely that the video codecs on your computer need to be updated to see it. WHat OS are you on?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #22
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
I too, want to thank you and all who work on Calibre. Fantastic job. I think the most impressive thing is how you and all involved are so active on this forum, taking heat, suffering through "This don't work" type posts, "How do I", etc.

Not only is Calibre one of my most favorite apps, you, and all involved with this project are my favorite developers!

Thank You
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
The video file uses the max compression profile for h264 encoding (so as to make it as small as possible). It's likely that the video codecs on your computer need to be updated to see it. WHat OS are you on?
Win 7 64bit.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I only have a win7 32 bit system and it works on it. Can someone with win7 64 comment if it works for them?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #25
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It works fine for me (win7 64-bit). I probably have third party x264 decoders though.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #26
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
I too, want to thank you and all who work on Calibre. Fantastic job. I think the most impressive thing is how you and all involved are so active on this forum, taking heat, suffering through "This don't work" type posts, "How do I", etc.

Not only is Calibre one of my most favorite apps, you, and all involved with this project are my favorite developers!

Thank You
I couldn't say it any better than this. The Calibre team ROCKS! You guys are geniuses!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #27
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Just chirping in with my own "Thanks Kovid, & Development Team"! You guys are the greatest thing to happen to ereaders since e-Ink!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #28
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
I would like to see http://www.beam-ebooks.de/, the german "non-DRM-store", in the list of the stores.
There's a thread here seeking suggestions, you might want to post it there.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #29
GreenEyedLady
A Lover of Books
GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Classic, Ipad 2
Code:
Can someone with win7 64 comment if it works for them?
I have win7 64 and also have lines through the video. Every 8-10 seconds I will see a flash of the video content, but it only stays on for a second and then back to vertical lines.

It is the same using goggle chrome or internet explorer.

I have been using calibre for a while now and I want to thank you for such a great program!
GreenEyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #30
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Wow, really good stuff. I like the All in 1 tab for metadata too. The constant flow of improvements is very welcome.

Calibre is now so feature rich I can see a 'Calibre Lite' switch will soon be needed for novices and newbies alike in case they get overly bamboozeled. LOL!!! ;-)
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote