Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #76
phycodurus
phycodurus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M90
I understand the M90 is already available in China. It would be hugely useful for my trip there next week. If I buy in China, could I switch the language to English, or install English-version software later? And in Beijing, any advice please where to buy?
phycodurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #77
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by phycodurus View Post
I understand the M90 is already available in China. It would be hugely useful for my trip there next week. If I buy in China, could I switch the language to English, or install English-version software later? And in Beijing, any advice please where to buy?
You can contact the Taobao mall when they expect it to be sold and if the devices are equipped with the English language.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #78
sammy
Connoisseur
sammy began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 700 entourage edge PB 360 PB603 Kindle DXG Onyx Boox M92
hello I have one more question, when I use the dictionary, can I point on a word in the text and it ist translated, or have I to open a program first? And is it possible to print a text when I did notices and higtlighning in it? Last question: can I make annotations an hightlitning also in pdf epub and word douments?
Thanks
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #79
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
hello I have one more question, when I use the dictionary, can I point on a word in the text and it ist translated, or have I to open a program first? And is it possible to print a text when I did notices and higtlighning in it? Last question: can I make annotations an hightlitning also in pdf epub and word douments?
Thanks
Yes, you can point on a word in the text to translate it, you don't have to open a program first. I need to get some more information of Onyx International about the functionality of annotations and highlighting before I answer the questions. I will answer asap!
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #80
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
Cheers OE
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #81
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
when will you have some test units for some reviews?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #82
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Found a video of M90 and M91S compared with text and with pictures, the M91S is slightly faster but not much
http://v.ku6.com/show/14z-SD4048YXl_Sf.html

However I find the picture changing to be somewhat irritating, inverting the picture a couple of times every change, I wonder why, I dont think it is to clear the screen from the previous picture because then it would be the old picture that was inverted right?
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #83
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
I think you might find that inverting of the image exacerbated by the fact that it is recorded on video. In person I have the feeling that it is less obvious.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #84
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Lol, I have just noticed that the main picture with M90 on http://www.onyx-boox.com/ (as in http://www.onyx-boox.com/images/head...eadline-08.jpg )features a Sunday Times article called "When Frodo met Sam" about fan-fiction which portrays gay sex between famous characters.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #85
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
I got a message just now telling me that my pre-ordered Onyx book will not arrive this month. Onyx did not keep their promise of sending it out before or on 15 may.
Apparantly they can't get their hands on enough Pearl eInk screens.
It's a bit of a laugh really : when I ordered my Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 the same thing happened.

Last edited by kleykenb; 05-13-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: to much sarcasm in prevoius message
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #86
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
I just received an email by ebookreaderstore.de

Quote:
Hello,

We would like to update you about your order of the Onyx Boox M series. Eventually, Onyx communicated that we would be able to ship them out before the 15th of May.

Unfortunately we received the news that the production has been delayed. Onyx International will start production the 20th of May and plans to finish the first batch the 27th of May.

As soon as the production is finished, they will ship the goods to our warehouse. Then, it will directly be shipped to you.

Expected shipping date: 9th of June 2011.

If you don�t want to wait, you are always free to cancel your order.

Yours sincerely,

Ebookreaderstore team

*edit*: strange, the above posting wasn't there a minute ago...

Last edited by OphReader; 05-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #87
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Since I haven't seen this mentioned ..http://www.onyxboox.com/index.php?cPath=21 this place has the pre-order price at $399 for the M90 and $349 for the M91s with free international postage. Now that seems and EXTREMELY good price so of course I'm a bit suspicious anybody know if this is for real?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #88
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
that is true and the site is a legit dealer. its the prices I will be offering as well. We haven't put up a pre-order yet because I don't want to get caught out in production/shipping delays.

Our pre-order will start @ the 20th
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #89
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
I got a message just now telling me that my pre-ordered Onyx book will not arrive this month. Onyx did not keep their promise of sending it out before or on 15 may.
Apparantly they can't get their hands on enough Pearl eInk screens.
It's a bit of a laugh really : when I ordered my Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 the same thing happened.
I've decided to cancel my pre-order. Action=reaction, really.
Once some reviews have appeared on the Onyx I'll be in a beter position to decide whether to buy the M91S or the M90 anyway.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #90
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am also holding any pre-orders until I have read some reviews. Onyx should try to get some units out to sites like mobileread as soon as possible.
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90