Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free (Kindle / nook) Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble Series #1)

Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble Series #1) by Richard L. Mabry

Quote:
Product Description
In the first book of the Prescription for Trouble series, Code Blue means more to Dr. Cathy Sewell than the cardiac emergency she has to face. It describes her mental state as she finds that coming back to her hometown hasn t brought her the peace she so desperately needs. Instead, it s clear that someone there wants her gone...or dead.

Cathy returns to her hometown seeking healing after a broken relationship, but discovers that among her friends and acquaintances is someone who wants her out of town...or dead. Lawyer Will Kennedy, her high school sweetheart, offers help, but does it carry a price tag? Is hospital chief of staff Dr. Marcus Bell really on her side in her fight to get hospital privileges? Is Will s father, Pastor Matthew Kennedy, interested in advising her or just trying to get her back to the church she left years ago? When one of Cathy s prescriptions almost kills the town banker, it sets the stage for a malpractice suit that could end her time in town, if not her career. It s soon clear that this return home was a prescription for trouble.

Last edited by arcadata; 12-09-2010 at 07:55 AM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Yay! This one has been on my Wish List for months.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Information only:

This is from a Christian publisher.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Now also free at B&N
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #5
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Also free for UK Kindle readers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Code-Blue/dp...=discounter-21
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Link no longer works.

Don
Old 12-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Information only:

Don
Who cares? People can click on the link and decide if they want it. Having it stated like that puts a negative slant on it, and in my opinion a post like that has absolutely NO MERIT.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Link no longer works.

Don
Working US link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Code-Blue/dp/B...=discounter-20
Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Who cares? People can click on the link and decide if they want it. Having it stated like that puts a negative slant on it, and in my opinion a post like that has absolutely NO MERIT.

It appears that we have differing opinions, and you are certainly free to disagree with me, as I disagree with your opinion.

My post was for information purposes only.

There is no negative implied. It is merely additional information.

Don
Old 12-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
dougef
dougef began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
It appears that we have differing opinions, and you are certainly free to disagree with me, as I disagree with your opinion.

My post was for information purposes only.

There is no negative implied. It is merely additional information.
Don
I personally appreciate the information. I do not care for Christian, or any other religious flavored fiction for that matter. No point in downloading a free book if it is not something I want to read.
dougef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Information only:

Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
It can work the other way also, it can let people who are looking for books from a Christian publisher know its out there.

I think its a useful tag, and should be included.

I didn't read anything negative in it.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Just from the number of people who have posted about starting a book and then getting angry to discover themselves in the midst of a Christian orientated book - I find it useful. Heck, there was even one guy over on the Amazon boards that went about 3 books into a series, realized it was a Christian author, and then was pissed to find out that he really didn't like those first two books the way he thought he had.

Warn away, it saves us all alot of drama.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
greencat
Freebie finder

I guess readers fall into three types:

Those who actively seek out Christian themed books
Those who don't let a Christian theme affect their reading decisions
Those who actively avoid Christian themed books

Providing the additional information keeps the first and third groups of people happy while the second group can ignore it if they wish. I don't see the harm myself.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
thaigreg
Connoisseur
thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.

Device: BeBook/JBL/Kindle 3
And if the information WASN'T posted, would any of you posted a reply to this topic?
thaigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #15
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigreg View Post
And if the information WASN'T posted, would any of you posted a reply to this topic?
I never go out of my way to say anything negative about Christan publishers and their books and never post negative things in the threads. I like having that tag so I can skip it and go about my business and it is nice to know before I waste time reading a book I'm going to just delete a few chapters in.

Since you have made a point of it though I will post something here. I personally don't want to be preached to and like to know ahead of time so I can avoid the books. I have accidentally downloaded a couple for free and I figure out what is going on pretty quickly, but why waste that time when I could be reading something else. Again, there is nothing wrong with this if you are Christian or like the usually overly positive moral messages in these books. It always seems very fake to me though and completely takes me out of the story so I appreciate knowing so I can avoid them.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote