Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Slydini
Slydini began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Strange internet behavior on my Color Nook

Just picked up my Nook Color today and I love the hardware (albeit heavy) but the software has some strange issues. So far my biggest annoyance is that I'm unable to post anything to my Facebook wall. It's strange because I can type a few characters and then all of a sudden the text disappears and the on screen keyboard no longer pops up when I tap the empty field. The keyboard pops up when I do facebook searches and comments on others' posts, but it malfunctions whenever I try to post on my own wall.

Another hiccup I experienced is the inability to log on to my MSN Homepage. The screen goes black when I attempt to sign in. Google mail works the way it should so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Anyone else experience the same issues?
Slydini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
guinnessfc
guinnessfc began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
Yes I have noticed the same problem. It is not with facebook alone I have had issues trying to type in text in any field on web pages.
guinnessfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Slydini

Wow every Field? I'm only having problems on any kind of facebook wall and msn login. I'm typing this from the nook right now and was able to enter my forum credentials for posting here.

Another weird thing is using Google search... After pressing search, it sometimes jumps to the bottom search field and I have to scroll back up to press search again.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Slydini

Wow every Field? I'm only having problems on any kind of facebook wall and msn login. I'm typing this from the nook right now and was able to enter my forum credentials for posting here.

Another weird thing is using Google search... After pressing search, it sometimes jumps to the bottom search field and I have to scroll back up to press search again.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
AuntPie
Nook Color User
AuntPie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I have the same issue with Facebook. Ditto with composing email in a domain that I set up in Google apps. But I am able to compose and send an email from my gmail address. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release. Does anyone know how to report bugs to B&N?
AuntPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
OlivPit
OlivPit began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Same issue with typing a FB post. I can't type even one letter into the field. I am glad to learn that it isn't just mine. I am just getting started using the NookColor so some of the problems I've had I have been blaming on the learning curve. I need to start looking for a place to report bugs.
OlivPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #7
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The solution has already been mentioned on the B&N board: Use the mobile version of the website.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
cwosigns
cwosigns began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor/Droid Incredible
I wouldn't really call it a "solution"; it's more of a workaround. The browser is quite good (it's an Android device, FFS) and my PHONE can handle the standard Facebook site.

I hope this is addressed in an update.
cwosigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
touch.facebook.com might be better than m.facebook.com, though they're about the same these days. But yea, hope they upgrade the browser or let alternatives through the app store.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
I'm guessing it's a javascript issue. So far, I haven't had any problems at all with the Web sites I've used, but I've only logged a few hours on it so far. It should certainly be something that can be tweaked with an update, though.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
I'm guessing it's a javascript issue. So far, I haven't had any problems at all with the Web sites I've used, but I've only logged a few hours on it so far. It should certainly be something that can be tweaked with an update, though.
According to a post at the B&N board this is a problem of this particular version of the Android browser. So hopefully the update to Android 2.2 early next year should solve the problem.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
According to a post at the B&N board this is a problem of this particular version of the Android browser. So hopefully the update to Android 2.2 early next year should solve the problem.
That may be. I don't remember the 2.1 browser on my Droid being quirky that way, though. I'm posting this via my NC, btw.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote