Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Poll to be..

I would like to see a poll of which capability we like best on our Astak EZ Reader and Pocket Pro.

With ideas... like:

Epub DRM
9 levels of zoom
TTS
20 formats, favorite format
beautiful, MR chosen, colors: favorite color

from Javed.....
customizable startup and closedown screens
choice of colors
able to play music
great customer support
good price
folder structure capability
good charge life of battery
compact size
light weight

from Phogg...
1. SD card.
2. Folder support

From Krytes...
1) Support for nested folders
2) SD card
3) User-replaceable battery
4) Support for a wide range of non-proprietary, non-DRMed formats, including fb2

fom Solitious
- Worldwide sales/service.
- The happy price point (on the PP anyway, which includes a protective cover).
- Replaceable battery.
- Battery life (not to speak low of other readers but I see some people getting a few days to a week or two on a charge, my PP lasts longer).
- Number of options for page turn buttons, I can hold the PP in the most comfortable position and read.
- Standard cables/charger.

From Polly
Rubberized coating that's easy to hold, doesn't show fingerprints, and doesn't reflect light when I read.
Rocker switch and multiple locations for page turn buttons
Ability to read in landscape.

How about helping me get the list streamed out.
I've never initiated a poll before so all help will be appreciated.

PLEASE...only existing features, and ONLY positive ones. I would prefer no negative vibes here. I want to know the great features we like.

THX, AJ

Last edited by AJ Starr; 01-16-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Collecting list...keep them coming!
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
To do a poll:

Go to "lounge"

Click on "start new thread"

Decide on a title for your poll.....then write an introductory post saying what you are trying to do.

BEFORE YOU HIT 'SUBMIT' scroll down and click on the box

"Yes, post a poll with this thread"

indicate how many questions you want This can be updated while you are actually setting it up.

THEN click "submit new thread"

Now you'll be given a new window with blank spaces to ask your questions in, and also you'll be given a chance to control the stop date, if any, whether its a multiple choice poll, and if you want others to see how you voted.

If you make a mistake, not to worry. Just post for a mod to help. They are the only ones who can change a poll.

Enjoy...you can do this!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Seems like a great idea, AJ! These might be other pluses about the Pocket Pro to put on the poll. The only problem is, that with a poll usually only one option can be selected. I would find it difficult to decide with so many great features to choose from.
  • customizable startup and closedown screens
  • choice of colors
  • able to play music
  • great customer support
  • good price
  • folder structure capability
  • good charge life of battery
  • compact size
  • light weight
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
1. SD card.
2. Folder support

Otherwise I would have probably bought the Sony
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
To do a poll:

Go to "lounge"

Click on "start new thread"

Decide on a title for your poll.....then write an introductory post saying what you are trying to do.
DGM, would this put the poll in the lounge? I am not sure but perhaps AJ wants it here in the Astak forum? Or do polls have to be started via the lounge? (I have never created a poll to know about these things).
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Seems like a great idea, AJ! These might be other pluses about the Pocket Pro to put on the poll. The only problem is, that with a poll usually only one option can be selected. I would find it difficult to decide with so many great features to choose from.
  • customizable startup and closedown screens
  • choice of colors
  • able to play music
  • great customer support
  • good price
  • folder structure capability
  • good charge life of battery
  • compact size
  • light weight

A poll can allow selection of multiple items. It depends on how it is set up.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
DGM, would this put the poll in the lounge? I am not sure but perhaps AJ wants it here in the Astak forum? Or do polls have to be started via the lounge? (I have never created a poll to know about these things).
See post 11.......thanks for the 'heads up'

Last edited by desertgrandma; 01-15-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

[QUOTE=Javed;742803]Seems like a great idea, AJ! These might be other pluses about the Pocket Pro to put on the poll. The only problem is, that with a poll usually only one option can be selected. I would find it difficult to decide with so many great features to choose from.

See post #2. Multiple choice can be an option.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
The only place you can create a poll is in the Lounge.
I have no idea how to make a poll, but this poll for example https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33373 is not in the lounge...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I have no idea how to make a poll, but this poll for example https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33373 is not in the lounge...
AAACCCCKKKK!!!

ooops.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Okay, my bad.

Go here, (the main astak forum page) THEN click on "start new thread" then follow directions.

Thanks omk3.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204

Last edited by desertgrandma; 01-15-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: link
Old 01-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I'm sure you already knew, you were just trying to lure more unsuspecting people to the Lounge...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
Krytes
Enthusiast
Krytes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
2) SD card
4) Support for a wide range of non-proprietary, non-DRMed formats, including fb2

The first three are non-negotiables for me, and the fourth is a very strong preference. In the future, I'd really like to see:
- support for symbolic links within folders
- built-in dictionary and encyclopedia capabilities (preferably for multiple languages and with the ability to add your own dictionaries and cross-reference a word in multiple dictionaries)
- The ability to correct a misspelled word or edit something in a non-write protected book.
Krytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #14
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytes View Post
2) SD card

The first three are non-negotiables for me, and the fourth is a very strong preference. In the future, I'd really like to see:
- support for symbolic links within folders
- built-in dictionary and encyclopedia capabilities (preferably for multiple languages and with the ability to add your own dictionaries and cross-reference a word in multiple dictionaries)
- The ability to correct a misspelled word or edit something in a non-write protected book.
Ironically I could live without the SD card if the reader came with 4 GBs+ of user usable storage. Other than that, #4 and #2 is what really settled my decision on going with the PocketPro instead of the Sony PRS-300.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well several factors (some more to do with the company rather than the actual product itself).

- Worldwide sales/service.
- The happy price point (on the PP anyway, which includes a protective cover).
- Replaceable battery.
- Battery life (not to speak low of other readers but I see some people getting a few days to a week or two on a charge, my PP lasts longer).
- Number of options for page turn buttons, I can hold the PP in the most comfortable position and read.
- Standard cables/charger.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez reader, poll