Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
TrondP
TrondP began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Reading light

Hi
I've been lurking around in this forum for a while now and I'm thinking of getting myself an ebook reader. The 5" Pocket PRO seems like a good reader and seems to have great support. My only experiance with reading ebooks is on my HTC phones. I used to read on a HTC tytn2 but recently changed to a HTC Touch Pro 2. It's ok to read on for a litle while but I would like to get a bigger screen and a reader that dos'nt start ringing all the time
Is there some kind of reading light to get for this reader? I saw amazon has one for for the Kindle http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1268192011
Can this be used with the Pocket Pro or are there other options?

Thanks in advance

Trond
TrondP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Reading Light!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrondP View Post
Hi
I've been lurking around in this forum for a while now and I'm thinking of getting myself an ebook reader. The 5" Pocket PRO seems like a good reader and seems to have great support. My only experiance with reading ebooks is on my HTC phones. I used to read on a HTC tytn2 but recently changed to a HTC Touch Pro 2. It's ok to read on for a litle while but I would like to get a bigger screen and a reader that dos'nt start ringing all the time
Is there some kind of reading light to get for this reader? I saw amazon has one for for the Kindle http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1268192011
Can this be used with the Pocket Pro or are there other options?

Thanks in advance

Trond
Dear Trond:

I belive it was Wallcraft who answered this exact question on another one of these Astak threads within the last few days He listed a place you can go on this forum to find good reading lites.

Most of the reading lites that you will see there should fit with no problem. Many Sony custom leather cases with reading light will fit the EZ Reader (measure first to be sure). We are trying to design our own reading light but it is not ready yet.

Wallcraft: please help here
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
This is one of the more popular lights mentioned on MR.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Look at these posts on the Sony forum, most if not all of those should work on the Ez Reader

You can see the pictures of the lights in use there but the favorites are(In no particular order):
Mighty Bright Extraflex2
Mighty Bright Duet/DoubleFlex
Verilux Full Spectrum Light

I personally use the Mighty Bright Duet(also called doubleflex), and it works great providing even lighting on the whole screen of my 505. The duet is like that kindle light but with two arms with lights instead of one

Last edited by Catire; 08-26-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Mighty Bright Extraflex2
Mighty Bright Duet/DoubleFlex
Verilux Full Spectrum Light

I personally use the Mighty Bright Duet(also called doubleflex), and it works great providing even lighting on the whole screen of my 505.
Another cool thing about the Mighty Bright lights: they come in different colors, so you can probably find one that will 'match' the color of your PEZ! :-) I just ordered a blue Extraflex2 to go with my slate-blue PEZ that's was supposed to arrive about 6 months ago (it seems ). $14 + shipping on Amazon (yeah, I know dealing with the Devil, but they're great for most everything but the Kindle, and it would be great if they'd relax their sphincter about it just a LITTLE... ummm... what were we talking about?)

Everett
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
TrondP
TrondP began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Thanks for the info everyone
Now I just have to order an ereader and find the light I want

Trond
TrondP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Mighty Bright Silver

Dear All:

The Mighty Bright ExtraFlex 2 (Silver) is on sale at Amazon for $13.45
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #8
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

The Mighty Bright ExtraFlex 2 (Silver) is on sale at Amazon for $13.45
And if you order from one of the partners that fulfills their own orders, several don't charge shipping, so the $13.45 is the total cost.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #9
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should receive this light tomorrow, it has a CCFL bulb

Ill try to post some pictures and impressions of it.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:01 AM   #10
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I've got a few lights.

I found you have to have the little round batteries not AAAs - they tend to make the light slip. Worth the extra money.

A flexible neck, not a flip one. Won't slip down.

I found a cute Mighty Bright one with a flexible neck that wraps around the base and fits in a groove. It's very easy to carry in my bag. It's also a cute purple colour.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm using a Mighty Bright (with my Sony 505). I always have the cover on the reader, so I clip the light to the cover. If you are going to be using the light a lot, you may want to consider the cost of batteries ( I use rechargable AAAs).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
I should receive [URL] tomorrow, it has a CCFL bulb

Ill try to post some pictures and impressions of it.
Catire, whadda you think? Do you like it better than the Mighty Bright?
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #13
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
i bought this one from china link
delivery takes 2 to 3 weeks though...I am a cheapo, what can i say
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 AM   #14
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I received my Mighty Bright yesterday, and although I haven't had a chance to really use it, from the quick test I did with my reader I think it's going to be great. My old booklight wasn't flexible, just a flip-up arm, and the reflection of the bulb on the screen was horrible, to the point where it was pretty much useless. With the Mighty Bright if you start getting glare you can just change the position of the light slightly and the problem's solved. Makes me ALMOST look forward to power outages this winter (which is when I use a booklight the most)!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
Catire
Lord of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Catire, whadda you think? Do you like it better than the Mighty Bright?
d
I have the Mighty bright duet or double(or whatever the model with two arms is called now) and I tried that daylight24 light I posted this weekend.

Both are great lights that provide even screen coverage on my 6 inch sony reader but I found the Daylight24 light to be much better to read in total darkness because it provides even white light that helps a lot with the contrast. Thats not to say the Mighty bright is a bad light I love it and will definetly continue to use it as well but the ccfl bulb makes a big diference.

The only bad things i can say about the light is that the clip on base is really big and needs to be clipped on the cover and that since its a ccfl bulb it should eat batteries compared to the mighty bright but that doesnt affect me since I have enough rechargeable batteries to keep it fed.

Ill post a few pictures when I get home later tonight