Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
dropbox to end html

Hi
I just got this email from dropbox

Spoiler:

We’re writing to let you know that we’ll be discontinuing the ability to render HTML content in-browser via shared links or Public Folder. If you're using Dropbox shared links to host HTML files for a website, the content will no longer display in-browser.

Please note that this change will take effect for your account on October 3, 2016, and only impacts how shared files are displayed on the web. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

If I understand correctly, this means the end of calibre2opds on dropbox?

scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:10 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You could well be correct!

I guess that will leave Google Drive as the only solution for a cloud service that can provide this service.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You could well be correct!

I guess that will leave Google Drive as the only solution for a cloud service that can provide this service.
I do use google drive and one other as a dropbox backup.
I was thinking, would it be possible to get a cheap NAS and use goodsync or similar to copy the calibre library to the NAS after calibre2opds has run?

this is currently how i do it to googledrive.

I don't know anything about NAS but if i understand correctly i can access my personal NAS anywhere?

Main reason is when I'm on holiday abroad, i like my daily papers.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissors View Post
I was thinking, would it be possible to get a cheap NAS and use goodsync or similar to copy the calibre library to the NAS after calibre2opds has run?

I don't know anything about NAS but if i understand correctly i can access my personal NAS anywhere?

Your Personal (network anything) is... Personal unless you open ports to the outside, with all the hazards that brings .
That is the beauty of a cloud service. They keep on top of managing most hazards
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissors View Post

As well as having the files on your server you also need a web server to host the Calibre2opds generated catalog. Some NAS systems may provide a web server as an option but not all of them do.

I run my personal eBook libraries with the web server being apache hosted on a raspberry Pi and the eBook and library files on a NAS (which I copy from my PC using FreeFileSync). As has been mentioned you do need to be aware of the security implications of opening up ports on your router.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 04:16 AM   #6
scissors
Addict

thanks for the replies guys.
I've had enough scares with infections over the years, so i think i'll leave the NAS for now.

I still have 2 cloud library options for now.