Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #436
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I actually have a fairly new Android phone. But I'm not interested in activating phone or even data service.
Do you have a wireless router connected to your home internet? You can almost certainly connect your phone to regular wireless internet to try out mobile apps. I have data service on my phone, but my Android tablet only has WiFi and I use Bible apps on it.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #437
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You can have both accounts and enable both accounts.
I found it. I thought I had both accounts signed in, but I didn't. I see all of my resources now.

It also turns out that I have some ten-year-old Bible CDs that unlocked some more resources. I didn't realize that Bible Explorer had become WORDSearch and installing the old software just added the books to my library.WORDSearch then downloaded updated versions of the books. I also have a QuickVerse CD with a bunch of books that WORDSearch "imported" by letting me have them for free from the WORDSearch store.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #438
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Do you have a wireless router connected to your home internet? You can almost certainly connect your phone to regular wireless internet to try out mobile apps. I have data service on my phone, but my Android tablet only has WiFi and I use Bible apps on it.
I may do that. I have had a wireless router connected to my Android smartphone before, really to just play around with it. Right now, it seems like every electronic gadget in the house is down. The wireless router is one of them. The technician for Asus, the brand which I've been using, was helpful; he felt like the motherboard was shot. Of course, the warranty had expired.

I couldn't get an old Belkin, to replace the ASUS, to work. And it had pretty nice specs for its day. I think that the problem is that setting up a wireless router is stretching my technical ability just about to the limit. Especially since the only instructions that I can find are for Windows 7 & 8, and I run Windows 10.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-21-2017 at 11:10 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:42 PM   #439
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This thread is in desperate need of some love. Let me give it some.

In the Line of Fire: 70 Articles from the Front Lines of the Culture Wars. By prolific author Michael L. Brown.

100% off. Yep, that means free.

4.8 (40) at Amazon.

241 pages.

My super-secret ( ) source tells me that the offer is good through June 1.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BXVQU6/.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:44 PM   #440
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Duplicate.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-30-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Advert
Old 05-31-2017, 04:42 PM   #441
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. About marvel of the human body. By Philip Yancey (bestselling author) and Paul Brand (renowned surgeon).

4.8 (128) at Amazon.

Kindle price now $0.99--an 88% markdown from the digital list price.

I've been wanting this book for some time, but have never seen it inexpensive enough for me. It's a must-buy at this price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JH83BE.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:41 PM   #442
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thanks! I'll go for that one.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #443
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I've mentioned, before, the every-Friday offers of one or more free books from WordSearchBible's blog. Being a narcissist, I expect everyone to hang on my every word, and to have read and memorized every point that I made in any of my posts.

But, in case you haven't, I want to mention that today's free book is Find Us Faithful, by David Olford. WSB says that it has a retail price of $12.95.

Someone has mentioned, in a post or two on this thread, that not only can you use WSB as Bible software, you can read (and that's just about all) the books that you have, in your library with them, on mobile devices.

To get the freebie, head over to WSB's blog. Near the bottom of your first screen, on the lefthand side, will be a link, in blue, that says, "Download here." Click on it. That should take you to the webpage for the freebie.

You must have an account with WSB in order to get the download, but, of course, you have to have an account with WSB in order to use their software. So, really, this paragraph was pointless.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-02-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #444
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Pricing mistake?

Right now, Amazon has the revised and updated edition of H. Norman Wright's Communication: Key to Your Marriage: The Secret to True Happiness for only 49 cents! That's 97% off of the digital list price.

In case you need more persuasion:
- 4.7 (26) at Amazon; 3.75 (96) at GoodReads (but it seems that they're throwing in the (original?) edition published in 1973).
- 227 pages.
- Prolific and esteemed author on this subject.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LA9GHKM/.

It will be interesting to see what the price is later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #445
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Pricing mistake?

Right now, Amazon has the revised and updated edition of H. Norman Wright's Communication: Key to Your Marriage: The Secret to True Happiness for only 49 cents! That's 97% off of the digital list price.

In case you need more persuasion:
- 4.7 (26) at Amazon; 3.75 (96) at GoodReads (but it seems that they're throwing in the (original?) edition published in 1973).
- 227 pages.
- Prolific and esteemed author on this subject.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LA9GHKM/.

It will be interesting to see what the price is later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Still 49 cents on 6/3/17 at 3:52 p.m. ET U.S.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #446
egf
egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle for PC
Wiersbe BE Series bundle - Paul's letters (8 volumes)

Amazon has Wiersbe's BE series bundle: Paul's Letters on sale for $1.99.

The package includes: Be Right (Romans), Be Wise (1 Corinthians), Be Encouraged (2 Corinthians), Be Free (Galatians), Be Rich (Ephesians), Be Joyful (Philippians), Be Complete (Colossians), Be Ready (1 & 2 Thessalonians), and Be Faithful (1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon).

You can find it here:
https://www.amazon.com/BE-Bundle-Enc...+series+bundle
egf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #447
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by egf View Post
Amazon has Wiersbe's BE series bundle: Paul's Letters on sale for $1.99.

The package includes: Be Right (Romans), Be Wise (1 Corinthians), Be Encouraged (2 Corinthians), Be Free (Galatians), Be Rich (Ephesians), Be Joyful (Philippians), Be Complete (Colossians), Be Ready (1 & 2 Thessalonians), and Be Faithful (1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon).

You can find it here:
https://www.amazon.com/BE-Bundle-Enc...+series+bundle
That's just less than 25 cents per volume.

I had picked up all of the above already, piecemeal--a few from Christianbook, a few from Amazon. A lot of them were free, and I seriously doubt that I ever paid more than 99 cents for any one of them. Perhaps each averaged 25 cents or just a little more.

But if you've never started building your collection of these commentaries, so have none of them yet, this would be an excellent way to start building your collection.

Thanks for the post.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-11-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #448
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Thanks for posting the BE series!
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #449
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Stunning (Cheap) Prices on Two Huge Commentaries--One on OT; One on NT.

There are truly stunning prices on the 1345-page Applied Old Testament Commentary and 1021-page Applied New Testament Commentary right now.

They are currently $1.99 each! The regular digital price of each of OT and NT volumes are $24.99. In case you're interested, you pay just 8% of the regular digital prices.

URLs:
Applied OT Bible Commentary.

Applied NT Bible Commentary.

The OT volume and NT volume are very, very highly rated at Amazon and the NT volume is very highly rated at GoodReads (a search did not turn up the OT volume at GoodReads).

A couple of pieces of important information:
1. The subtitles are more than a little bit misnomers, it seems to me. They say "Applying God's Word to Your Life." Frankly, from skimming the previews, they seem more like theological books, the discussions of which are prompted by statements made in the Bible as you progress through the reading of the Bible.
2. Both product pages mentioned "Quality issues reported." The popup says that they have to do with "typos." Being concerned about this, I contacted Amazon customer service about one of them, and quickly received this helpful reply from "Janki B." In part it says, "I'd like to inform you that you'll get [sic] correct book. There's no need to worry about it.

If you buy an item and discover it's not what you expected, you can return it for a refund using our Online Returns Center (www.amazon.com/returns).

or, you can also contact us via below link for further query regarding book.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us"

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-19-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #450
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
There are truly stunning prices on the 1345-page Applied Old Testament Commentary and 1021-page Applied New Testament Commentary right now.

2. Both product pages mentioned "Quality issues reported." The popup says that they have to do with "typos." Being concerned about this, I contacted Amazon customer service about one of them, and quickly received this helpful reply from "Janki B." In part it says, "I'd like to inform you that you'll get [sic] correct book. There's no need to worry about it.

If you buy an item and discover it's not what you expected, you can return it for a refund using our Online Returns Center (www.amazon.com/returns).

or, you can also contact us via below link for further query regarding book.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us"
The "Online Returns Center" is for pbooks so suggesting "Janki B." didn't understand the question and was giving a boiler plate reply

That's a besetting sin of Amazon email replies - I recommend online chat.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote