Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #61
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks Booxtor. What are the size (width, height) and weight of T68 and i86?
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #62
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
dimensions of the T68 are on the wiki : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_T68
( 194.2x132x8.8mm )
dimensions of the i86 were announced on fb : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...00002120528747
( 212x164.9x9.8mm )
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #63
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks!
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #64
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Is anyone able to say how well the Kindle app runs on it? Or the Kobo app?

Thanks
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #65
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post

Thanks
It is still on pre-order. Nobody has received it yet.

Only Onyx Distributors have it and they may have testing units only.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #66
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My understanding is a couple of the distributors are reading this thread.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #67
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
My understanding is a couple of the distributors are reading this thread.
Oops, sorry about that. Booxtor may answer your query
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #68
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:

Thanks
Kindle app runs just regular and quite good. Main/home menu appears a little bit dark and I am missing the variety of settings of CoolReader or OnyxReader though (i am such a "spoiled" reader)

UPD.:
Kobo App tested. Everything works just fine. The reading app is very simple - no settings at all.

Also tested Scribd app and Scoobe app . Everything works fine as expected.

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-06-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #69
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
How about Moon Reader? Am really interested if that runs well. I love the syncing between all my devices EXCEPT my Nook.
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #70
latepaul
Wizard

Thanks Booxtor!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #71
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
VPN?

Does the T68 and M96 version of android support VPN's?
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #72
apiontek
apiontek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
How about Moon Reader? Am really interested if that runs well. I love the syncing between all my devices EXCEPT my Nook.
I'm also interested in Moon+ Reader. I use it a lot, and I'm looking at this because I'd like e-Ink without having to switch the sync-able reading app on my phone.

Also curious if feedreader & instapaper apps like Pocket & Press would work fine on the Boox Android 4 devices.
apiontek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 AM   #73
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Installed and tested Moon+ Reader (free version). After setting the background to white and font colour to black (additionally selected bold) everything is as expected. The only thing I don't really like is the "bookshelf" of Moon+ Reader. Because of program design and of used colours after converting to grey it looks a little too dark for me. Possibly we need to contact author to add a UI design for EINk devices to his app.

Below are pictures showing Moon+ Reader (with and without front light)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T68 without light.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	123909   Click image for larger version

Name:	T68 with light.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	123910  

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-10-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #74
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Great guys - now we are waiting for a movie with t68 presentation!
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #75
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
could either you ,Booxtor testing the iDisplay.app to enable the T68 as a second PC-Monitor?

Last edited by Dolansky; 06-10-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote