Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
shatteredx
shatteredx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Having trouble with changeable fonts on Nook and Kindle

I'm trying to create an eBook from an InDesign 6 file. I've got all the formatting and everything where I want it for both .epub and .mobi, but when I load the book into a Nook or a Kindle I can't change the fonts, font colors, or line spacing.

I'm new to all of this, InDesign as well as formatting and editing css. I've been scouring the internet and reformatting all day to no avail. I realize there are probably a lot of things that could be wrong, but if someone could at least point me in the right direction it would make me the happiest man in the world.

Thanks
shatteredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Go to Liz Castro's blog and find her book _EPUB Straight to the Point. That will give you pointers to how to fix up what InDesign does. Also scan through her blog entries for updates for the newer versions of InDesign.
There is also lots of useful information in the MR wiki here.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert