Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Separate account for Kobo device?

I'm hoping to receive my new Glo today. I sideload all books, and don't want my many previous Kobo purchases to sync to the new Glo. Should I create a new Kobo account for the device registration and firmware upgrades? Are there any downsides to doing so that I'm not seeing? I haven't had a Kobo device before, but I don't plan on using the Desktop software, just Calibre.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I don't really see a downside either, except logging out and in into the Kobo site or Desktop app whenever you need your previous account for some reason.

You can also "delete" all your previous purchases from the kobo site. The delete would only mean deleting the books from your "my reading" list, and the books will go into "archived." They won't sync to your device from there. That way, you could always choose to sync one of the books anyway if you'd suddenly decide you want to re-read something, of if kepub reading would change in some way that you'd prefer to use kepubs to sideloaded epubs.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I went ahead a created a new account for the device. Now I realized the only downside is the recommended books - I spent a while tweaking my likes on my Kobo account so recommended books are now defaulted back to whatever they suggest for newbies.
I didn't want to remove books from my reading list because I do like these books appearing on my iPhone app for whenever I'm stuck without my eReader.
On a good note, there is a 90% off coupon code for new accounts when registering the Glo: 90BK
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Woow 90% !! Congrats with that.

A shame about your recommended books though. Would it be a big annoyance though to have to books sync to you Glo anyway? I mean, you could just ignore them if you're not going to read them... and then you could keep your recommended books.

After you've used up your 90% discount of course
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote